Type 2 How often should you change your lancet

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
I use a different lancet for each test is this to much or should I reuse the a few times

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Official recommendation is change it each test. I change it once a day, others leave it way longer! :wideyed:

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
That seems to be ok rachox. But I work on a construction site and it’s a bit mingin . I get my lancets-on prescription so think I’ll keep it at each test . Then at the weekend do 1 a day . Don’t think id be happy leavin it for longer as I’ve heard it can give ya strange readings

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I change mine once a week or earlier if I find pricking my fingers more pianful

Reactions: flexi06

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That seems to be ok rachox. But I work on a construction site and it’s a bit mingin . I get my lancets-on prescription so think I’ll keep it at each test . Then at the weekend do 1 a day . Don’t think id be happy leavin it for longer as I’ve heard it can give ya strange readings

That’s wise if you’re in a grubby environment.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is reassuring. I'd always used one per test in the past, for hygiene and just in case residue from the previous test affects the next reading. I have to admit I've been re-using the same lancets more and more recently, and thought that was just me being a bit scummy :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I use a different lancet for each test is this to much or should I reuse the a few times
Hi I only change mine when it starts to hurt,depends how many times you test really! K

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I tend to use mine once I get to number 5 and it begins to hurt. So roughly once a week

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was changing every day but then developed itchy palm where I was testing so the knowledgeables on here advised changing for every test and itchy stopped.

D

Deleted member 308541

I dial in a new lancet on my Multiclix / Fastclix device every time I open a new tub of strips. So change the six lancet drum every six tubs of strips.