2 libre sensors ahhhhh

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there I realised I need 24 hours for libre to adjust and give accurate readings so put one in my right arm with 12 hours left on the old one - on left arm. So old sensor nearly ran out and I got the new one up and running - told 60 minutes as per usual - just scanned it and it said sensor has ended?!?! So scanned the left one ( expired) and it said is being used by another reader?! I’m confused!!!!! What’s happened?? I’ve now had to put on another new one and it says 60 minutes again and removed the left one... could I have scanned the wrong one by accident and confused it??? I don’t know what I’ve done but now I’ve lost 2 sensors in last few weeks for various reasons

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there I realised I need 24 hours for libre to adjust and give accurate readings so put one in my right arm with 12 hours left on the old one - on left arm. So old sensor nearly ran out and I got the new one up and running - told 60 minutes as per usual - just scanned it and it said sensor has ended?!?! So scanned the left one ( expired) and it said is being used by another reader?! I’m confused!!!!! What’s happened?? I’ve now had to put on another new one and it says 60 minutes again and removed the left one... could I have scanned the wrong one by accident and confused it??? I don’t know what I’ve done but now I’ve lost 2 sensors in last few weeks for various reasons
phone abbott up and explain whats happened they usually replace faulty sensors x

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just tried a brand new one - did the whole test in 60 minutes - also saying same thing ‘sensor ended’ what the hell???????? All gone now / 2 wastes

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1523477701.770177.jpg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you starting the new sensor before the old one runs out?

My understanding is that you wait for the old one to die naturally, then start the new one.

Your best bet is to ring Abbott and discuss it with them over the phone.

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I started the new one 11 minutes before old one ended . It let me start a new sensor. I’ll ring them tomorrow.

CDM9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can’t see how though as when you have faulty sensors you have to restart a new sensor