1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

2 libre sensors ahhhhh

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by CDM9, Apr 11, 2018.

1. CDM9

CDM9 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi there I realised I need 24 hours for libre to adjust and give accurate readings so put one in my right arm with 12 hours left on the old one - on left arm. So old sensor nearly ran out and I got the new one up and running - told 60 minutes as per usual - just scanned it and it said sensor has ended?!?! So scanned the left one ( expired) and it said is being used by another reader?! I’m confused!!!!! What’s happened?? I’ve now had to put on another new one and it says 60 minutes again and removed the left one... could I have scanned the wrong one by accident and confused it??? I don’t know what I’ve done but now I’ve lost 2 sensors in last few weeks for various reasons

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

phone abbott up and explain whats happened they usually replace faulty sensors x

3. CDM9

Just tried a brand new one - did the whole test in 60 minutes - also saying same thing ‘sensor ended’ what the hell???????? All gone now / 2 wastes

4. CDM9

5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you starting the new sensor before the old one runs out?

My understanding is that you wait for the old one to die naturally, then start the new one.

Your best bet is to ring Abbott and discuss it with them over the phone.

6. CDM9

I started the new one 11 minutes before old one ended . It let me start a new sensor. I’ll ring them tomorrow.

7. CDM9

I can’t see how though as when you have faulty sensors you have to restart a new sensor

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook