Is it in yet?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:p 4mm needles and I can't feel a thing, they're ok aren't they :)

In fact I'm shocked, shocked that no-ones ever bothered to ask me if I wanted to change from 12mms, now all I've got to do is get the GPs to swap them on my repeat list, I've an unopened box of 500 12mms, can I give them back to the chemist?

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah 4mm needles are good better then long one best thing harder to inject into muscle aswell

Reactions: kev-w

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:eek: thank goodness I was given 4mm to start with! 12mm would've scared the c**p out of me! lol xx

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And they work! :singing: I did worry that the 50 odd thousand 12mm previous jabs would have left scar tissue and the 4mm's wouldn't get through.
Is anyone using Becton & Dickinson ones, or have they had GlucoRX foisted on them?

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
And they work! :singing: I did worry that the 50 odd thousand 12mm previous jabs would have left scar tissue and the 4mm's wouldn't get through.
Is anyone using Becton & Dickinson ones, or have they had GlucoRX foisted on them?

Hi, I use the BD 4mm needles. I was changed to the GlucoRX a couple of years ago and I did try 1 box but the difference is immense. Thankfully my GP changed the prescription back.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i got the glucorx ones :( lol
I was changed to the glucorx 12mms as B&D discontinued theirs, and I'm sure old blunt syringes (you re-used for a few days back then) were sharper than some of these new ones, I'll get a call back from the GP I think when I get the 'model' number. :)

Reactions: porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @kev-w I've tried taking some items back once and was told categorically no, they will take it back if you have just opened your bag but not taken it away or alternatively I give items to my DSN too.

Reactions: Dodo and kev-w

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Me too! Is that why I get a lot of bruising?
You could ask if you could try the BD needles. It might solve the bruising problem, but there might be another reason? I still bruise sometimes but I do find the BD brand much better.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Friday 13th so I'm having the day off (don't climb ladders on this day) and called in at my surgery to update my script, I wrote down the required B&D 4mm needles information and have left pharmacy with a box of GlucoRX 4mms, I specifically asked not to get them so have made an appointment to see the doctor and will ask him, which to be honest is a waste of an appointment.

I only started looking at needle lengths from reading on here noting I've more bruising these days and I put it down to the GlucoRX needles.

2 boxes of 12mm pins & a boxed Savio pen sent to iddt....

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed only a few months ago - initially advised to use 6mm needles, until the latest clinic appointment when a different nurse was surprised I wasn’t using 4mm. She said there was a risk of injecting into muscle since I’m still very lean post-diagnosis. Sure enough last week, as I was trying to finish off the 6mm needles I had a massive hypo straight after taking my Lantus in the morning (6.7 down to 1.8 in 30 minutes). This happened before I’d had my Novorapid and I assume was because I’d injected the Lantus straight into muscle. Needless to say I got rid of the remaining 6mm needles and now am enjoying the 4mm experience!