LCHF Treats the true cause of Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd rather listen to Dr. Jason's own talks and read his newsletter than listen to him being interviewed. I also prefer transcripts to audio. Here's a good start

https://idmprogram.com/blog/

Thanks for the info. Is there one of Jason Fung's own talks which puts it all "in a nutshell"? I felt the interview I posted did just that but you might know of something better...

Thanks for reassurance about me re-posting! :)

Reactions: catinahat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@bulkbiker is a huge Dr Fung fan. He can help with his presentations, normally.

He is a fantastic Dr for explaining IR. I respect his view, as of Dr Bernstein's too.

I feel informed more by their perspective and the low carb interest in this forum.
A very useful read. Always.

Reactions: eggs11

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @pdmjoker this was very interesting. I'm a fan of Dr Fung and here he talked a bit more about fatty livers, which was fascinating, and also explained why Asian populations could happily eat white rice (a question I'd been asking myself, turns out there is just no other sugar in their diet) until introducing Western food into their diets massively increased the rates of diabetes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info. Is there one of Jason Fung's own talks which puts it all "in a nutshell"? I felt the interview I posted did just that but you might know of something better...

Thanks for reassurance about me re-posting! :)
Here's link to a few Fung videos from his IDM site..
https://idmprogram.com/videos/
There are probably quite a few more on youtube

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He is a fantastic Dr for explaining IR.

I think he is super for making the info freely available on his blogs and Youtube and charging only a modest amount for his Diabetes Code book (arriving Fri I hope). Other people would surely charge a great deal...

@eggs11 I too appreciated the fructose/fatty liver explanation and info on rice...

@bulkbiker Many thanks for the link!