DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
43gms and only 260 calories.

Do these people know how difficult eating 43 gms of nuts is? LOL Buying nuts in 100 gms packets so one might have 50gms but from experience the 100gms goes so easily, so 600 calories, not so good.

I regularly eat mixed nuts but haven't noticed improved insulin sensitivity or a revving of my BG control. That's not to say the article is wrong, there's a lot of research to back it up. It's just that I haven't noticed, I'll keep my eyes open.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hmmm, I think I shall take this wif a pinch of salt, whoops isn't salt supposed to bad for you / good for you.
I also eat mixed nuts and if I over indulge sure enough up go my blood sugars. Therefore I shall carry on as normal but I now have some useful information courtesy of your posting.
Many thanks Alf ( who is also as nutty as a fruit cake ).

Reactions: karen8967

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmm, I think I shall take this wif a pinch of salt, whoops isn't salt supposed to bad for you / good for you.
I also eat mixed nuts and if I over indulge sure enough up go my blood sugars. Therefore I shall carry on as normal but I now have some useful information courtesy of your posting.
Many thanks Alf ( who is also as nutty as a fruit cake ).
Thanks ! I am anemic and I have heard that I need to add more salt .is that correct?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks ! I am anemic and I have heard that I need to add more salt .is that correct?
I'm iron deficiency anaemia and no mention of salt increase to me but my blood pressure wouldn't thank me for it.
Are you iron deficiency anaemic?
I'm eating extra beef and extra green veg and eggs. You?

Reactions: Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm iron deficiency anaemia and no mention of salt increase to me but my blood pressure wouldn't thank me for it.
Are you iron deficiency anaemic?
I'm eating extra beef and extra green veg and eggs. You?

Spinach, broccoli, walnuts and dark chocolate are all good sources of iron as well as liver and red meats.