Victoza

Annie1991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here so still trying to figure everything out!

I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 19, i am now 26. At 19 i weighed around 18-19 Stones, i lost weight and came down to 13-14 stones. I have been at a steady 12 stones for the past 3 years. I was given metformin which i never really took which i regret now. I am now on victoza and metformin. I am trying to inform my self more on diabetes. My sugar levels are very high, My HbA1c read at 127 which is very high. For the past 3-4 years its been 90+. My own stupidity for not looking after myself and taking medication.

I would just like to know who else is on victoza, how they feel etc.
I started friday so I am on day 4, i have been feeling very nauseous, headaches and feeling quite unwell. I'm not sure if its the victoza or the lack of not having an appetite and not eating as much.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Annie and welcome.

Can't help you with your query but hope someone can as you need to get your blood glucose under control.

Annie1991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi Annie and welcome.

Can't help you with your query but hope someone can as you need to get your blood glucose under control.

Hi

Hopefully someone else is on victoza too. I’m taking my medication so fingers crossed on my next bloods they are reduced

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am on victoza.
I was told it was a wonder drug and lose loads of weight.
3 years later, I have put weight on.
Though in saying that, I am on a anti psycotic which makes me so hungry so that doesn,t help

Annie1991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I am on victoza.
I was told it was a wonder drug and lose loads of weight.
3 years later, I have put weight on.
Though in saying that, I am on a anti psycotic which makes me so hungry so that doesn,t help

Hi Ally,
Did you have any side affects from victoza? Are you still on victoza? I feel so nauseous. Don’t know when this is going to stop

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi Ally,
Did you have any side affects from victoza? Are you still on victoza? I feel so nauseous. Don’t know when this is going to stop
I am still on victoza.
I am one of the lucky ones that whatever drugs I have taken/take, I have never had any side effects

SiouxG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here so still trying to figure everything out!

I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 19, i am now 26. At 19 i weighed around 18-19 Stones, i lost weight and came down to 13-14 stones. I have been at a steady 12 stones for the past 3 years. I was given metformin which i never really took which i regret now. I am now on victoza and metformin. I am trying to inform my self more on diabetes. My sugar levels are very high, My HbA1c read at 127 which is very high. For the past 3-4 years its been 90+. My own stupidity for not looking after myself and taking medication.

I would just like to know who else is on victoza, how they feel etc.
I started friday so I am on day 4, i have been feeling very nauseous, headaches and feeling quite unwell. I'm not sure if its the victoza or the lack of not having an appetite and not eating as much.
Hi I'm almost into week 3 of taking victoza. I took 0.6mg for a week then increased it to 1.2mg. After 4 days of the higher dose I had sulphur burps, headache, sweating, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. I felt so bad on the 4th day I had to come home from work. Today I'm back on 0.6mg with a plan to reach my target dosage in smaller increments. Feeling so much better today. I want to stick with it because as of today I'm into a new weightloss bracket I haven't seen for a lonnng time.

Annie1991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi I'm almost into week 3 of taking victoza. I took 0.6mg for a week then increased it to 1.2mg. After 4 days of the higher dose I had sulphur burps, headache, sweating, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. I felt so bad on the 4th day I had to come home from work. Today I'm back on 0.6mg with a plan to reach my target dosage in smaller increments. Feeling so much better today. I want to stick with it because as of today I'm into a new weightloss bracket I haven't seen for a lonnng time.

Hi, i'm so glad someone else has the same symptoms!! I took 0.6 for a week too, i increased it too 1.2, I had sulphur burps it was horrible and i had diarrhoea and nausea. I wasn't actually sick. I stopped because the sulphur burps were so disgusting and embarrassing. Im back on 0.6, i don't want to put it back up again incase of the same symptoms!

hill4332

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Was on Victosa then moved to trulicity - both useless ,now on Insuman 25 twice daily insulin - fidlt getting the dose right but no side effects other than a little tiredness - my hbiac has come down so I'm thinking forget the rest insulin is the best

SiouxG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a difference a day makes! ! Went back to 0.6 mg of victoza ... I feel human again. I'm going to take the dose increases two clicks a week until I reach the target dosage of 1.2mg. In theory this will help my body adjust in its own time. The knock on effect is that although I can no longer stomach some foods I previously enjoyed, I feel well enough to continue the experimentation in building my new food plan... weightloss is one pound off 1 stone in 3 weeks. More importantly for me is that I haven't seen these numbers in years. Onwards and downwards.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I've been on Victoza for 3 years and a couple of months now. My dosis was increased from 0,6 to 1,2 and then 1,8. The first 6 months I lost 20 odd kgs, and the doctor put it down to the Victoza and wouldn't believe it had anything to do with my own hard work. My mother passed away, and for a couple of years I couldn't care for myself. I gained at least 23 kgs and my BG sky rocketed, but curiously enough nobody blamed the Victoza. Anyway, I have no side effects, but would love to be able to ditch it one day along with the jardiance and metformin. I'm fortunate to not have any side effects of any of my meds - yet.