Help!

SiouxG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All!
I never thought I'd ever say this but I'm at a loss as to how to manage my food plan. Once upon a time food was my comforter, my medication, my reward and my worst enemy. I developed a full on compulsive overeating disorder. My relationship with food was a sure fire path to an early grave. I piled on the pounds until I reached a number that I was so embarrassed to voice. I sought help for the eating disorder. I sought help at a gym for my physical healing journey and I used what I learned about my strengths and weaknesses to formulate a food plan for life. I lost 70 pounds. I achieved 10% muscle mass and saw my fitness improve. I am still suffering from a choice I made when I was 9 years old. I am now older, have type 2 diabetes and have recently been put on Victoza because my glucose levels are rising. Today my challenge is that I no longer have an appetite. I no longer am able to stomach foods that were a regular on my plate. I've lost 13 pounds .... great .... but in only two weeks. I'm not hungry anymore. Often the thought of eating certain previously enjoyed foods now make me feel sick. I'm having to go back to the drawing board and reconfigure my food plan. Meal times are becoming something I dread. Where as in the past the dread would stem from my fear of losing control of my eating nowadays my thoughts turn to what do i even want on my plate and what can I keep down. Who'd have thunk it!
Should I be taking a vitamin supplement to ensure I getting everything my body needs? Is there one that has everything in one tablet?

Reactions: urbanracer

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
I understand that Victoza is an appetite suppressant and it might be that which is causing these symptoms. Losing nearly a stone in two weeks is a concern and I would suggest going back to your GP in case the Victoza is not right for you.

Reactions: SiouxG

SiouxG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I understand that Victoza is an appetite suppressant and it might be that which is causing these symptoms. Losing nearly a stone in two weeks is a concern and I would suggest going back to your GP in case the Victoza is not right for you.
It has been my experience that when somebody of my size goes to see a GP for any reason. My weight always becomes a factor. I'm sure they will see my weightloss as a positive thing no matter how it came about! Of course not all GPs are the same but in my 53 years on this earth I've met two who looked past my size in order to help with the real issues at hand. But I am worried as even I feel this is too much too quickly. Watch this space!

Reactions: Prem51