Just been diagnosed Type 1 after been diagnosed type 2 for 6 years they got it wrong.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots, Animal harmers and most politicians.
It's simple, look on the back of anything you buy and if it states that the carbohydrate content is over 5% don't eat it. If you or a n other bakes for you then the same rule applies.
Good luck, it's not easy but it is doable.

Reactions: jason134

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's simple, look on the back of anything you buy and if it states that the carbohydrate content is over 5% don't eat it. If you or a n other bakes for you then the same rule applies.

The poster has just had their diagnosis switched from type 2 to type 1. Although some type 1s do eat low carb I think we must leave the advice to some type 1s.
Tagging in @Jaylee for some type 1 advice.

Reactions: Jaylee
D

Deleted Account

If the OP has type 1 not type 2, they have the option to manage their diabetes with insulin rather than limiting their carb intake.
By matching carbs with insulin (quantity and time), type 1 diabetes is not a reason to restrict carb intake.

Shame it took 6 years to get the diagnosis right.
But its great the OP now knows where they stand.

Reactions: Jaylee

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maximultimilli I’ve realised you’ve posted this in the driving and DVLA section if the forum. Would you like it moved to somewhere more appropriate, like the Type 1 forum let us know. You’ll probably get a better response.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If the OP has type 1 not type 2, they have the option to manage their diabetes with insulin rather than limiting their carb intake.

Until I am told otherwise, I am assuming the doctors had a good reason to think the person had Type2, therefore it is very likely @maximultimilli has a high level of insulin resistance. Wishing to lose weight is also mentioned as an issue.

Hence keeping the intake of carbs and sugar from food/drinks very low is likely to be of benefit regardless of the use of insulin.

@Mel dCP has type1 and has got good results form a low carb diet, therefore look at some of the threads she has posted, also look at the dietdoctor website to learn about low carb diets.

However remember that when on insulin, there is a great risk of hypos if you reduce your carbs without very carefully tracking what your BG is doing.
Also if you have not yet been trained in managing your own insulin dose, don't change what you are eating without first talking to the person who is telling you how much insulin to use.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Until I am told otherwise, I am assuming the doctors had a good reason to think the person had Type2, therefore it is very likely @maximultimilli has a high level of insulin resistance. Wishing to lose weight is also mentioned as an issue.

Hence keeping the intake of carbs and sugar from food/drinks very low is likely to be of benefit regardless of the use of insulin.

@Mel dCP has type1 and has got good results form a low carb diet, therefore look at some of the threads she has posted, also look at the dietdoctor website to learn about low carb diets.

However remember that when on insulin, there is a great risk of hypos if you reduce your carbs without very carefully tracking what your BG is doing.
Also if you have not yet been trained in managing your own insulin dose, don't change what you are eating without first talking to the person who is telling you how much insulin to use.

Hi, "assumption" is the "mother of all..." On just 2 posts to date by the OP. we know nothing. ;)

Conjecture alert!
There may have been significant unhealthy weight loss due to undiagnosed T1 causing ketosis. The weight gain would be natural as BS stabilises & replaces naturally what was lost through dangerous insulin deficiency..?

Please refrain from "jumping the gun."

Cheers buddy!

Last edited: