Mate go Keto and you'll never need to inject insulin.....

Lordy100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many things
They are reported in the Diabetes Unpacked book. But no one who is on inslin should stop taking it until their BG meter says it's not needed, even then, there could still be a risk of DNA.

But what we do know is that a lot of people with type1 find they get much better control with very low carb diet regardless of the very low possibility of 'reversing' type1 with such a diet.

I presume these people who are recently diagnosed are still producing some insulin so it could work, however, I believe it gets you in the end!

Personally I'm trying to have less carbs and it is helping maintain better control but then I have pizza or do some strenuous work and it all goes to pot :)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm sorry but whenever I read these things I can hear that duck quacking softly in the background :p
upload_2018-5-17_17-32-57.jpeg
Its been done on rats but seems to last for 6 weeks. Would be a good to get a 6 week break. Could be given on one's diabetic birthday so we can have the cake and eat it...

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 26614Its been done on rats but seems to last for 6 weeks. Would be a good to get a 6 week break. Could be given on one's diabetic birthday so we can have the cake and eat it...

I would stuff my face so full of Mexican food my jaw would ache after a couple of hours, I'd do a ' Violet Beauregarde' but in the shape of a giant Enchilada.

As I cook my own food I've never been able to feed on Mexican due to the carbs in a lot of the sauces & breads, but imagine I'd like it if I could eat it :p

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I would stuff my face so full of Mexican food my jaw would ache after a couple of hours, I'd do a ' Violet Beauregarde' but in the shape of a giant Enchilada.

As I cook my own food I've never been able to feed on Mexican due to the carbs in a lot of the sauces & breads, but imagine I'd like it if I could eat it :p
My new phrase of the day, "kew-w is doing a Violet" gosh, hope that actually doesn't have a rude meaning.