1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mate go Keto and you'll never need to inject insulin.....

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by O_DP_T1, May 16, 2018.

1. Lordy100

Lordy100 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I presume these people who are recently diagnosed are still producing some insulin so it could work, however, I believe it gets you in the end!

Personally I'm trying to have less carbs and it is helping maintain better control but then I have pizza or do some strenuous work and it all goes to pot :)

2. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

upload_2018-5-17_17-32-57.jpeg Its been done on rats but seems to last for 6 weeks. Would be a good to get a 6 week break. Could be given on one's diabetic birthday so we can have the cake and eat it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would stuff my face so full of Mexican food my jaw would ache after a couple of hours, I'd do a ' Violet Beauregarde' but in the shape of a giant Enchilada.

As I cook my own food I've never been able to feed on Mexican due to the carbs in a lot of the sauces & breads, but imagine I'd like it if I could eat it :p

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

My new phrase of the day, "kew-w is doing a Violet" gosh, hope that actually doesn't have a rude meaning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook