The World Cup 2018

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
World cup kicks off 14th June 2018. England are lumped in Group G and first game is against Tunisia on 18th June. I wonder how far we'll get this time :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
My son has got a match ticket for England . V Panama I’ve told him I’m not happy but the young have no fear

England will tie the group with Belgium as I expect them both to win 2 and draw 1

Reactions: johnboy412000

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My son has got a match ticket for England . V Panama I’ve told him I’m not happy but the young have no fear

England will tie the group with Belgium as I expect them both to win 2 and draw 1

Yeah I can understand your anguish there with all what's gone on re the Saisbury do and also the recent Russian football fan antics. Hopefully he will be ok and enjoy a good game :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
World cup that soon - where or where have I been hiding? I might watch some - depends on hubby if he wants to watch it, then I get no choice :rolleyes:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Because of the conditions, that will help European countries, England and Gareth Southgate, have picked a squad, with pace, youth and premiership quality. (Which isn't always the best and in form!)
This may get them out of the group stage, but it's how we deal with stronger teams, especially if we finish second in the group.
The Belgium game will give us an idea, how prepared we are, to go further, but I believe my prediction of reaching the quarter final, is it!

Of course I will watch it! But not got my hopes up!

Reactions: Cumberland

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I am hoping and praying that England don't get to the final. As an England Fan my son has a ticket for the final if England get there. I so want him just to stay home and be safe and get a refund for the ticket lol. It wasn't pleasant last time they were in Russia (Moscow) and it will be a lot worse this time. My other son went to Brazil on his own 4 years ago, but that was nothing compared to this.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am hoping and praying that England don't get to the final. As an England Fan my son has a ticket for the final if England get there. I so want him just to stay home and be safe and get a refund for the ticket lol. It wasn't pleasant last time they were in Russia (Moscow) and it will be a lot worse this time. My other son went to Brazil on his own 4 years ago, but that was nothing compared to this.

I don't blame you there. Its bound to be a worrying time for lots of parents. Lets hope there will be no trouble out there.

Reactions: zand

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not long to go now. Englands warm up match with Nigeria yesterday was a bit on the poor side. They certainly need to up their game if they wanna go anywhere in the World Cup. Raheem Sterling as usual was a bit greedy and not passing the ball as he should have done. Its like he wants all the glory himself.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
England in action tonight at Elland Rd. Playing Costa Rica in a warm up match before they jet off to Russia. Hope they win :)

Reactions: porl69

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And England beat Costa Rica 2-0. In all the confusion I forgot about it:D
9 days to their first World Cup game.

Reactions: Lamont D

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well D-Day is here.

Who is lucky enough to be able to watch the match later today? Is anyone interested in Russia playing?

I'll probably have the tv on in the background but probably wont be paying any attention.

My allegiance is tied (and dont shoot me) but I support England as I'm English but also support Germany as father's family from there. I know thats awful for an English person to support Germany but I'm sure there are many people out there with tied allegiances

Last edited:

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well D-Day is here.

Who is lucky enough to be able to watch the match later today? Is anyone interested in Russia playing?

I'll probably have the tv on in the background but probably wont be paying any attention.

My allegiance is tied (and dont shoot me) but I support English as I'm English but also support Germany as father's family from there. I know thats awful for an English person to support Germany but I'm sure there are many people out there with tied allegiances

Might watch the highlights later.
Nothing wrong in you supporting Germany as well. Nobody is gunna shoot you for it :D

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I do think it will be Germanys tournament. I am a Welsh supporter (both rugby and soccer). And a Leeds United supporter (for my troubles)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I do think it will be Germanys tournament. I am a Welsh supporter (both rugby and soccer). And a Leeds United supporter (for my troubles)

Well someone has to support Leeds (Our rivals and arch enemies as well as neighbours. I'm a terrier fan) :D

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Huddersfield Town. Can't all be perfect ;). I jest. Doing ok, still in with the "big boys". I cant remember what the premier league is like, been way too long! We'll be back (eventually) lol

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Huddersfield Town. Can't all be perfect ;). I jest. Doing ok, still in with the "big boys". I cant remember what the premier league is like, been way too long! We'll be back (eventually) lol

Yeah we were all surprised by our survival. Some day Leeds will make it back to the Prem. Hang on in there :)