Magnificent May Fast!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a snack immediately after last night's post meal test, then ate a very small meal later which was actulally first meal of today - so very late supper or very early breakfast!
Pre meal BG at 00:40 5.9
Post meal BG at 02:41 5.7
FBG at 06:59 6.1

With a mouthful again of - according to Ketonix - (much more cheerful than me) orange ketones
Glucose levels are now much closer to those I was getting this time last year (pre oedema!) - and I had a much better sleep last night, but am verging on migrainey again this morning...:):(

BP 123/56
115/58

My sick day rules say I can stop BP meds so I'll do this today... then I'll have my coffee/cream now and see how I feel later on.
I feel a right lazy old slob seeing all the exercise that others are doing!

Robbity

PS I think maybe I'll also try activating my ancient sensor at lunch time, rather than wait my usual 48 hours and see if it will actually work.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Ok let’s get real here folks this maybe squeamish to people but don’t be alarmed .......

Here is my poo & pee report

I’m peeing alright I’m only drinking when I’m thirsty I would advise people to drink plenty

I did a poo on Monday morning and I definitely need a poo now and that’s been it. Nothing in nothing out I suppose!

Reactions: thepolly

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok let’s get real here folks this maybe squeamish to people but don’t be alarmed .......

I’m peeing alright I’m only drinking when I’m thirsty I would advise people to drink plenty

I did a poo on Monday morning and I definitely need a poo now and that’s been it. Nothing in nothing out I suppose!
I won’t tell you where I am sitting right now reading this......the joys of the iPad!

Reactions: jasmindesylva

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I won’t tell you where I am sitting right now reading this......the joys of the iPad!

Well that’s a picture I won’t get out of my head for a while

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Morning Fasters!

Here are the measurements this fine morning @ 0843 hrs
Fasting 2 days 11 hrs 21 mins

FBG 3.6
Ketones 5.0
Weight 73.25kg - 11st-7.5lbs - 161.5 lbs
Body Fat 17.6
Visceral Fat 8.0
BMI 22.6
BP . 126/75
Happy Days

Off to work to get stressed out, must post a picture when i get there.... should be lovely!

Last edited:

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
FBG 7.5
Ketones Not testing
Weight 66.6kg - 10st-7lbs :(
Body Fat 32% :(
Visceral Fat
BMI 25.4
BP . 134/86

*Note* Weights and measures were taken at 10.45 am after two cups(buckets) of tea because I forgot.

Bgs are holding steady currently 7.5,8.2, 7.5,7.2 which is the main purpose of today. Steps are averaging 12K a day and carbs are reduced approx. less than 70 a day.

I dropped to 4.4 by 11.30 and continued dropping so basals have been adjusted and fast broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipp

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

I was going post / ask about "external movements", but did not quite know if I was going too far. It could be useful feedback for those reading in the future.

Reactions: Goonergal

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Midday levels:

BG at 13:03 7.6 I hardly dare say that this may possibly be a recent liver dump..:wideyed:

I'm having a tumeric tea, and endeavouring to avoid eating. I was (slightly) hungry again but it seems to be wearing off in spite of unpacking my food delivery which included a (hopefully delicious but definitely lowish carb bar of Green & Backs Velvet edition dark chocolate orange and almond...:hungry:

My Libre reader has recognised the sensor and i can activate it in about 30 mins when I'll hopefully find out whether it's alive and kicking! @Bluetit1802

Robbity

Last edited:
Reactions: shelley262 and rab5

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 Sensor's activated :) and has given me a reading of 6.8 which would appear to be in line with my earlier high level...

And going a bit off topic I got a couple of sample packs of Skin Tac to help keep it on - it's certainly super sticky suff, and I don't feel quite so neurotic about it falling off - only one of last year's ever stayed on for the full fortnight - including all the replacements i had from Abbot. Which is why I've had those expired ones lurking.

Robbity

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
IMG_5477.jpg

Work!

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon everyone :)

After breaking my fast last night my sugars went up to 7.9?! Not sure where that came from, can only assume I ate too many carbs in one sitting (only 15g). Won't be making that mistake again.

FBG today 6.6. Was going to do a 16:8 fast today as am feeling quite peckish but would like to see that number dip into the 5s before I eat so holding off for now and sipping on iced coffee (black).

@rab5 Amazing photos, that sea looks so beautiful in the sun!

Reactions: shelley262