Retail Therapy Ideas?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, my name is Adam James and I've had enough of the diabetes thing, frankly it's getting old.

I'm sick of numbers and graphs and testing and caring and failing and I feel I'm on the edge of a meltdown.

However, today is Pay Day so I'm going to completely cure my T2 with Retail Therapy, for a short while anyway.

Any ideas? What's the best, most distracting thing you've bought recently which has cheered you up no end? Except for the Ann Summers stuff - this is a family forum so you can PM me with those sorts of suggestions. With pictures, please.

The sky's the limit - I'm a millionaire and can easily afford things like ponies, yachts, mansions or medium-size islands.

Oh no, that's not it, maybe more like a pair of nice socks.

Oh, anything...

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funnily enough, this month I had to throw a lot of clothes out.

I went nuts on eBay buying designer labels for a pittance.

The feeling of euphoria lasted a couple of weeks as the parcels arrived.

Huge motivation to lose the tummy. Highly recommended.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funnily enough, this month I had to throw a lot of clothes out.

I went nuts on eBay buying designer labels for a pittance.

The feeling of euphoria lasted a couple of weeks as the parcels arrived.

Huge motivation to lose the tummy. Highly recommended.

Good one. I feel my meltdown could well lead to a period of improbably rapid weight loss so maybe if I ordered some clothes at my imagined future size?

I'd quite like a Benedict Cumberbatch / Sherlock Holmes coat. It wouldn't suit me at all, but I like the idea of surprising people with its rapidly increasing radius when I turn very quickly on the spot.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
even those are getting a little large.

What size are they, are they bedazzled, and how much do you want for them?

Actually one thing I would consider getting second hand is a pair of 1970's flared jeans.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I'm a bit of a Fraghead.. Aftershave nut.. Have a collection. I like to visit proper perfumeries and sample niche and designer scents, though not so much designer as they are all mass produced for the masses! Safe aftershaves. I like unique / different scents. I review them and look at fragrance forums before deciding whether to purchase or not.

So............ whenever I'm feeling a bit down or just fed up a nice aftershave always makes me feel good...

Reactions: AdamJames

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What size are they, are they bedazzled, and how much do you want for them?

Actually one thing I would consider getting second hand is a pair of 1970's flared jeans.
They are 36 but nearer to 38 in the real world .. don't you just love ego massaging sizing.. however I'm afraid they are far from 70's flares..

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are 36 but nearer to 38 in the real world .. don't you just love ego massaging sizing.. however I'm afraid they are far from 70's flares..

Getting a pair of flares in size 36 or 38 would be a good motivator for me at the moment! I can squeeze into a 40 until I sit down, at which point the method of attachment usually turns into a projectile.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes those would do nicely! I've just been on ebay myself and saw those. The fact they are new gave me hope that perhaps there are shops where you can walk in and try a pair of flares on?

If I could find a pair that fitted me currently and showed my lovely legs off to their maximum potential, I could buy a pair a couple of sizes down and set my goals accordingly :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
So far I have treated myself to a handbag that I had had my eye on (yes, there had been much drooling) and when I came to order it it was on sale and it was well worth every single carb I cut. A bangle and an Acer Japonica were nice treats, too. If (and when I can face it) my next A1c is improved I would love a professional make over and photo shoot type of day, one that I can have pics done with my children and grandchildren.
Note to self: Even though you havn't had a single one in over a year, a six pack of Jaffa Cakes is not on the lists of treats!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far I have treated myself to a handbag that I had had my eye on (yes, there had been much drooling) and when I came to order it it was on sale and it was well worth every single carb I cut. A bangle and an Acer Japonica were nice treats, too. If (and when I can face it) my next A1c is improved I would love a professional make over and photo shoot type of day, one that I can have pics done with my children and grandchildren.
Note to self: Even though you havn't had a single one in over a year, a six pack of Jaffa Cakes is not on the lists of treats!

I'm good for handbags at the moment, but the Acer Japonica (I had to look that up - I thought it was some kind of trendy laptop at first!) did make me think about decorative things for the house. I'm really bored with the layout at the moment, and feel some re-arranging and perhaps something new may be in order. Or maybe something old, that could work. I haven't looked around junk shops / antique shops for a while come to think of it.

Reactions: Guzzler

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit of a Fraghead.. Aftershave nut.. Have a collection. I like to visit proper perfumeries and sample niche and designer scents, though not so much designer as they are all mass produced for the masses! Safe aftershaves. I like unique / different scents. I review them and look at fragrance forums before deciding whether to purchase or not.

So............ whenever I'm feeling a bit down or just fed up a nice aftershave always makes me feel good...

Odorant is definitely on the cards, lord knows I need it.

I only started getting posh odorants recently, and only because they sometimes come into my sister's charity shop and she started persuading me that they may be a good idea!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm good for handbags at the moment, but the Acer Japonica (I had to look that up - I thought it was some kind of trendy laptop at first!) did make me think about decorative things for the house. I'm really bored with the layout at the moment, and feel some re-arranging and perhaps something new may be in order. Or maybe something old, that could work. I haven't looked around junk shops / antique shops for a while come to think of it.

How's about a trip to a French flea market? I love things that are out of the ordinary, so many times I go into people's homes and you just know that the decor is by a high street shop, lovely homes but lacking in interest.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How's about a trip to a French flea market? I love things that are out of the ordinary, so many times I go into people's homes and you just know that the decor is by a high street shop, lovely homes but lacking in interest.

I think the trip to France alone would use up my Retail Therapy Allowance! Very nice idea though.

I'm only renting an apartment at the moment but it's in an unusual old building and it suits unusual things - you can get away with a mixture of old, modern and quirky.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think the trip to France alone would use up my Retail Therapy Allowance! Very nice idea though.

I'm only renting an apartment at the moment but it's in an unusual old building and it suits unusual things - you can get away with a mixture of old, modern and quirky.

The only draw back for me is that whenever I see something that screams 'Buy Me!' I then spend hours placing it 'just so' which displaces something else ad infinitum. One ornament can mean a fortnight's worth of reorganising. :angelic:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Buy a jetpack...........
upload_2018-5-25_17-41-19.png

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm good for handbags at the moment
Oh good they arrived safely then. I told you DHL are reliable - you could have sent me a PM to say you had them! Did the courier have to leave them in the wheelie bin or were you back from the clinic in time? Was the leather one the right colour?