Type 2 Headache and constipation

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Evening friends well I am back in full swing of low carb, but now have headaches and constipation.I am drinking plenty of water unable to take anything for constipation.Is there anything else I could try.I am not eating fruit otherwise I would have prunes and juice. I would appreciate your help.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh thank you for your reply will get some tomorrow x

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Black coffee or psyllium husk for constipation.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't suffered with constipation at all, but Flaxseed (milled) is possibly the reason. I sprinkle it on lots of different foods - any that are moist/wet, such as tinned salmon, egg-mayo, tomatoes etc.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you having salt?
Low salt levels can cause both constipation and headaches..
If you aren't having much in your diet and are drinking lots of water you could well be flushing it out.
I put some in my coffee or tea.. sounds odd but in fact is quite palatable.

Reactions: rab5

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffered badly when I first went low carb too. A dose of milled Flaxseed or Chia seeds each day plus 1/4 tsp of ground psyllium husk at breakfast keeps me regular,

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Are you having salt?
Low salt levels can cause both constipation and headaches..
If you aren't having much in your diet and are drinking lots of water you could well be flushing it out.
I put some in my coffee or tea.. sounds odd but in fact is quite palatable.
I am putting salt on my food but hymalian salt think that's how you spell. I am only having my two meals a day at the moment to help weight lose. But drinking plenty. X

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you all for your replies.xx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am putting salt on my food but hymalian salt think that's how you spell. I am only having my two meals a day at the moment to help weight lose. But drinking plenty. X
You could try a bit more.. I think the drinking may cause you to purge the body of some nutrients.. are you drinking when thirsty or kind of forcing it own?

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You could try a bit more.. I think the drinking may cause you to purge the body of some nutrients.. are you drinking when thirsty or kind of forcing it own?
I drink at least two litres a day to flush kidneys as I have stage 3 decease and never thirsty as I like my tea and coffee with cream. X

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I must of deleted it just wrote this lol. I drink two litres a day never thirsty as I like my coffee and tea have two coffees a day with cream.But have stage three kidney decease so like to flush them out, that's ontology of my tea and coffee which is call decafenated.x

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh thank you for your reply will get some tomorrow x

I thought I would mention that Andrews is probably not great if you are low carbing.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6475/smpc
4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
Because of the sodium content, frequent use by patients on a low sodium diet should be avoided. This includes patients with hypertension and cardiac or renal dysfunction. Because of the sucrose content, diabetics should use with caution. If a laxative is required every day, if there is persistent abdominal pain, or if symptoms persist consult your doctor.

https://www.boots.com/andrews-original-salts-250g-10007017
Also contains: 21g of Sucrose per 5ml spoonful.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Try Aloe Vera capsules/tablets from Holland and Barret. Very gentle and they work. Good luck and le5 us know how you get on x

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A fellow sufferer writes:
This week I've replaced lunch with a cup of hot Marmite, love it, and it's had an impressive effect on my FBG, which is good.
Downside is I've only had one dump this week, on Wednesday and that one was an effort.... :banghead:
So this was a timely post for me.
I've tried a number of suggestions and nothing really has made me regular. Before this week I was a "once every two days sort of guy", which was fine.
Clearly a balance has to be struck... so still looking for the middle way.... back onto lunch over the weekend I think.
Good luck with your quest.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I thought I would mention that Andrews is probably not great if you are low carbing.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6475/smpc
4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
Because of the sodium content, frequent use by patients on a low sodium diet should be avoided. This includes patients with hypertension and cardiac or renal dysfunction. Because of the sucrose content, diabetics should use with caution. If a laxative is required every day, if there is persistent abdominal pain, or if symptoms persist consult your doctor.

https://www.boots.com/andrews-original-salts-250g-10007017
Also contains: 21g of Sucrose per 5ml spoonful.
Thank you for this will try something else.