Type 1 Low Carb

lorna_fletcher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m wanting to try low carb diet to try get my bg controlled as there still all other the place, any recommendations on cook books/recipes etc

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
I’m wanting to try low carb diet to try get my bg controlled as there still all other the place, any recommendations on cook books/recipes etc
There are masses of recipes on the internet. Just be careful as some dishes that are described as low carb are actually pretty high in carbs. I limit myself to around 30g of carbs a day. This means no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, veg grown underground or fruit grown in hot climates. Meat cheese most veg, seeds, nuts eggs etc are all fine, so there are plenty of dishes you can cook.

Reactions: lorna_fletcher

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
There are masses of recipes on the internet. Just be careful as some dishes that are described as low carb are actually pretty high in carbs. I limit myself to around 30g of carbs a day. This means no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, veg grown underground or fruit grown in hot climates. Meat cheese most veg, seeds, nuts eggs etc are all fine, so there are plenty of dishes you can cook.
I missed out fish. Ideal for ow carb dishes. Also see the forum on recipes at this site.

Reactions: lorna_fletcher