1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Low Carb

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lorna_fletcher, May 28, 2018.

1. lorna_fletcher

lorna_fletcher Type 1 · Active Member

I’m wanting to try low carb diet to try get my bg controlled as there still all other the place, any recommendations on cook books/recipes etc

2. Dexterdobe

Dexterdobe Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There are masses of recipes on the internet. Just be careful as some dishes that are described as low carb are actually pretty high in carbs. I limit myself to around 30g of carbs a day. This means no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, veg grown underground or fruit grown in hot climates. Meat cheese most veg, seeds, nuts eggs etc are all fine, so there are plenty of dishes you can cook.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dexterdobe

Dexterdobe Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I missed out fish. Ideal for ow carb dishes. Also see the forum on recipes at this site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dietdoctor.com is a good starting place.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook