Dribbling embarrassment

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The prostate should be checked on ultrasound (benign hypertrophy).
Do not stand, sit.

deekaycee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have recently started dribbling after "putting myself away" thinking i have finished weeing. I have heard this can be linked to Diabetes. Does anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it?

deekaycee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
kevkevkev - well done for bringing up this issue. I've had this problem too - so if I am in toilet stall as opposed to a urinal, I grab some toilet paper and shove it in my pants to absorb any minor leakage. Some years ago I suffered from IBS and I was repeatedly peeing (which was really inconvenient when commuting to and from work) but that was due to stress.
All the best, mate and I hope you shake it off!

chasan.mcc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Getting up too early in the mornimg ie before 0700
I have recently started dribbling after "putting myself away" thinking i have finished weeing. I have heard this can be linked to Diabetes. Does anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it?
I understand the problem as I sometimes get the same problem. I have also been told that age could possibly be an added condition and it may not only be diabetes I am 65

Regards
Charles McConnachie

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I've had a digital examination so let me tell the guys out there FIRMLY ... it's easy, simple, lasts seconds, NO discomfort and be glad you've had it done. If you don't, you're an idiot.

Reactions: bigjim19

Benjamin238

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have diet controlled type 2 and often have this problem.ive had a prostate exam . I find it sometimes settles down but there are days were I am constantly rushing back and forth from the toilet . If you push on the muscle between your testes and anus it may help to get the lost bit of urine out and practice contracting that same muscle so you can hold that last bit of urine to make it back to a toilet

MartyRex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I personally recommend the following solution:
using the index finger and the middle finger in a scissor fashion, squeeze the shaft in a single movement.
This will expel the excess urine thus severely reducing or eliminating the "dribble." I have successfully used this for over 30 years.

kamzin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Human aggression to each other and to animals
Hi do you by any chance take Dapaglifozin, this tablet can cause problems in that area as one of the side affects.

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
I've had the problem, just as you've described, for approx. 3 years. My prostrate was checked and found to be OK. It seems this is a side affect of diabetes, so I was told. Best solution is to sit down when going to the loo. For whatever reason that works for me. When having to stand-up to pee, it does take an absolute age to get rid of the last remaining few drops. Hope you find another solution. I should've added I have been T1D for nearly 50 years.