1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dribbling embarrassment

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by kevkevkev, May 29, 2018.

1. kevkevkev

kevkevkev Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have recently started dribbling after "putting myself away" thinking i have finished weeing. I have heard this can be linked to Diabetes. Does anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it?

2. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I cant say its never happened to me before but I would never have made a connection to the diabetes.....

unless, there were other diabetes related things going on down there also, which you would assume could diminish sensation and therefore the ability to tell when its all done....

think you just need to spend a few more seconds giving it a shake maybe....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. kevkevkev

Ha. It's not that I shake plenty its only just started happening but its every time now. A little bit of research suggests diabetes plays a part

4. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It very well could be.....how is your control? have you been experiencing any other issues....?

5. kevkevkev

Last HbA1c was 43 which is my best yet control is fine and no other issues that stand out

6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I've done that for most of my adult life just means you have to stand there a bit longer I'm afraid.... I think it means you're getting a bit older.. I have to wait a good 5-10 seconds to get the last bits out.. then can still get a small dribble. Patience is key and ignore the odd looks you get at the urinal...!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Not applicable to your problem but for us women there is a little discussed condition associated with Type 2 Diabetes called fUVD (female Urinary Voiding Dysfunction). The results are the same, though, problems with voiding the bladder fully as quickly or as easily as one would like/find comfortable. Mine has greatly improved since I lowered my bg and A1c but it has been a very slow process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

BUT not too many shakes!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. james11

james11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sounds more like prostate problems ...go see your doc

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. luv2spin

luv2spin Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

My experience; it may or may not be due to diabetes. A visit to an Urologist as well as a Neurologist does normally fix the issue. They do some tests to find the reason behind it.

11. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

so does prostate problems. Get thee to a doctor to get checked, please, please do this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jwd1

jwd1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had prostate cancer seven years ago, I didn't have a dribble problem then, but did afterwards, doctor told me I should take at the very least 2 mins to have a pee, I was always in too much of a hurry to wait that long and dribbled! Now take the fully allotted time, no more problems. (Think this is first time I've talked about this kind of subject, well done for raising it)!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

For me the problem started right at the beginning, having to push from the first droplet to the last i.e. never having a steady stream unless bearing down. It has eased as my bg management has improved but it is frustratingly slow.

14. bigjim19

bigjim19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Second that ! I’ve had the problem before I had diabetes get your PSA checked ( blood test at nurse or doctor)

15. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would certainly suggest consulting a doctor if you have prostate symptoms but those who think a PSA test is conclusive should read the following. I put my name down for a sort of screening test but was told they don't do them over the age of 69 as the results are too unreliable.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/should-i-have-psa-test/

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigjim19

bigjim19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

But it will give you an indication if there is anything wrong you can read all you want argue till the next blue moon but without testing you will never find out I’ve not got prostate cancer but an enlarged prostate being treated by meds so ignore at your peril

Don’t forget your the patient

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #16 bigjim19, May 31, 2018 at 5:02 PM
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I'm just the same when I'm putting petrol in the car. Shake, shake, rattle a bit then... d'oh!... drip down the paintwork.
    Every time!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. david1241

david1241 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello Iv'e had that it usually happened in cold weather.My brother in law was asking me if i had the problem as he was dribbling I was ok at the time .It could be an enlarged prostate .Try eating pumpkin seeds they may relieve the problem.It could be the start of prostate cancer .Hopefully not .Mine cleared up,until i got Type 2 diabetes.I was peeing 13 or for 14 times at night. Daytime i could not hold my pee if there there were no toilets ,like at Aldi supermarket. i was sunk . Other supermarkets i was ok they have customer toilets.It got a lot worse .I ended up having to wear Tena for men incontinence pads.and very good they are too.Since i cured myself of diabetes .My waterworks have returned to normal .I don't need incontinence pads anymore .Thank goodness.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

Sometimes the belief that I have finished is not correct but in my case not often. The relaxation when I put it away seems to provoke a dribble occasionally. If it is a big problem then I suggest you sit down on the loo (if at home) and try that to see if it helps. It might not help but, hey, I have a field outside my house where I don't have a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

My advise would be get the prostate side of things checked out. For peace of mind. ;)

The other thing to mention.. Is "technique?" How can I tactfully put this. Possible restriction of the final flow in anticipation of the manditory shake & put away.. A brief kink in the "hose."

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook