Hi First Post And Updated Hba1c Results

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I’m jason and this is my first post read forum quite a bit. When first diagnosed type 2 March 15th 18 my hba1c was 95 I also had high blood pressure 175/103 and high cholesterol 7.5 my weight was 100kg I’m 47 was put on metformin 1500g a day,ramipril 1.5mg and atorvastatin 20mg.cut out all high carbs straight away had a few problems when sugars come down but they went away. Went to doctors quite a bit he then reduced metformin to 1000mg but diastolic blood pressure was still being stubborn some doc upped ramipril to 5mg.Had kidney blood test after tablets raised and all ok .Also had eye test and all fine no changes due to diabetes.My blood pressure is now 120/82 avg my weight is now 88kg my question is I was due to have a diabetes review blood test June 16th 18 (3months) but my doc gave me one on 26th may (10 weeks or so after first told )and the reading was 44 will it make much difference having the test couple of weeks earlier since I change the way I eat or is 10 weeks fine.
Sorry it’s a bit long

Jason

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jason,

10 weeks or 12 weeks is unlikely to make any difference. The HbA1c is an average of between 8 and 12 weeks anyway, and it is weighted towards the last 2 or 3 weeks.

May I say very well done. That is a wonderful achievement in such a short time. You should find that the low carb diet will help reduce your BP, although the statin probably won't be helping your blood sugar levels! Have you had another cholesterol test with a full lipid panel? HDL/LDL/Triglycerides? (Fasting test) If not, I would be asking for one.

Reactions: jacko1970s

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi bluetit1802
Doc said Friday that he will do next blood test with cholesterol September as I asked if cholesterol was tested this test it was not. Also none of my tests have been fasting tests.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Doc said Friday that he will do next blood test with cholesterol September as I asked if cholesterol was tested this test it was not. Also none of my tests have been fasting tests.

You must fast for a cholesterol test or the triglycerides will be inaccurate, and be higher than with fasting. We are all told not to bother fasting but you can just ignore that and fast anyway. Make sure it is a morning appointment. Also make sure you are having a full lipid panel - some doctors are trying to save money by not doing these. Without one you can't tell whether you need statins or not. All you have to do is ask nearer the time.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just checked my blood test specimen carrier and it’s ticked for LFT(L) lipids (non fasting)LIPF renal profile and HNA1c this is for September 2018

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checked my blood test specimen carrier and it’s ticked for LFT(L) lipids (non fasting)LIPF renal profile and HNA1c

That is
Liver function test
lipid panel
no idea what LIPF is
kidney function test
HbA1c

So that seems fine, but please do fast for it.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok it will be a morning test so no breakfast yes LIPF is part of the wording for the lipid test

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry it’s LIPR abbreviation of the test
IMG_1527955194.783312.jpg

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi will put it in here first had my cholesterol bloods back and they are
Total 7.7
LDL 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trig. 1.5

These don’t look to good

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks a bit like my last one. I’m not worried about it. Are you?
I am in the fortunate position to have had a heart scan that looked at the plaque build up in my arteries. There was a bit but not much so my lipid levels don’t concern me (although to be fair they do concern my GP, unnecessarily in my opinion). So if you are worried have a read of www.cholesterolcode.com and see if you are less worried afterwards.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a few other tests done so doc wants to see me not sure for which one got appointment tomorrow I’m not worried but on tabs so want to come off if much better as I have improved me bloods 10 week check 44 from 96 and blood pressure now 117/80 (on tabs though) hdl on last test was 1 so slight improvement

Reactions: Bluetit1802

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just an update went to docs today all test ok so was about cholesterol and got my first cholesterol reading from March when diagnosed
Total 7.5
HDL. 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5
Was unable to do ldl due to trig numbers

So massive difference in trigs in a good way have told the doc I want to come off statins and see if diet and exercise can better levels and will retest I. Two months

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi so had my 3rd hba1c
March 15th diagnosed hba1c of 95 weight 102.8 16st 2
Cholesterol
Total 7.5
HDL 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5 no ldl due to this reading

June 18th 87kg 13st 7
Hba1c 44
Cholesterol
Total 7.7
Ldl 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trigs 1.5
Stopped taking statins and metformin

August’s 18th 3stone weight loss to here now 82kg 12st 8
Hba1c 33
Cholesterol fasting
Total 8.2
Ldl 5.9
HDL 1.8
Trigs 1.1

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your superb HbA1c result. That is a wonderful achievement. :) (stopping the statins will have helped with this) And a brilliant weight loss.

Your HDL and trigs are all going in the right direction, so well done :)