Libre reeader not showing the graph line.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My reader's working but since 1pm hasn't drawn the line it usually shows, I just use a reader & sensor, check frequently and haven't had this happen before.

I'm wary of resetting it as I'm at the clinic on Thursday to see the consultant and collect the next Libre script and the nurse wants the data.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Odd as the line's restarted a couple of hours after it stopped, the readings were what I'd expect so any ideas?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How frequently is frequently?? Did you leave more than 8 hours between scans? I get gaps in the data if I leave it longer as the sensor will only store 8 hours max then starts to overwrite older data.

But maybe you already know this - in which case apologies for trying to teach Kevs to suck eggs as the old saying goes...? :wideyed:

Robbity

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Odd as the line's restarted a couple of hours after it stopped, the readings were what I'd expect so any ideas?
I've had that a few times, Kev, although for me it's an irritation without quite the same implications as for you.

When I called the support line on one ocassion, it was suggested I charge the reader, although that might just have been to keep me occupied for a while. :)

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How frequently is frequently?? Did you leave more than 8 hours between scans? I get gaps in the data if I leave it longer as the sensor will only store 8 hours max then starts to overwrite older data.

But maybe you already know this - in which case apologies for trying to teach Kevs to suck eggs as the old saying goes...? :wideyed:

Robbity

Longest time between scans in 90 days is 6.5 hours when I sleep, other than that I scan 42 times a day (says the reader) :)

I've had that a few times, Kev, although for me it's an irritation without quite the same implications as for you.

When I called the support line on one ocassion, it was suggested I charge the reader, although that might just have been to keep me occupied for a while. :)

It's leaving a line like a wavy Morse code message now, I'll give it a charge as it's showing half a cell, cheers :)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had this with a few sensors. The sensor seems to drop or not collect an hour or two data and the graph just shows a gap. I've had sensors replaced just for this alone.

Here's a good one. It shows a time zone change. I hadn't even been out the house.
a893df306a67169a844ef5511a58d7a0.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had this with a few sensors. The sensor seems to drop or not collect an hour or two data and the graph just shows a gap. I've had sensors replaced just for this alone.

Here's a good one. It shows a time zone change. I hadn't even been out the house.
a893df306a67169a844ef5511a58d7a0.jpg
I have had sensors rerplaced where the gap persists, but not, as far as my memory serves forr a gap that resolved itself with a backfill shortly after.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.php

That's a photo of it I put on a social media site but won't show, mods can you fix it?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod Nice one for the tip :) it's behaving now and drawing the line now I've charged it,, but reading 1mmol lower than a finger prick so thinks I'm hypo @ 3.7

I do hope the hospital will look at both testers as 50% of my libre hypos aren't hypos and the only ones under 3 were over 3 on a finger stick but anyway :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And its started gapping again today, so two calls to their customer service (first I terminated as the operators grasp of my spoken English was poor and after asking me to spell my post code twice I had no confidence in his ability to process the call) the second call (to complain about the 1st one) had me speaking to a competent operator and they're sending me a new reader + sensor, which was pleasing.

Mindst you I did awake with a blood of 3.2 so I'm probably not in the most reasonable of moods :p

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @kev-w. Abbots are pretty good at replacing faulty sensors and readers. I use my phone to scan mine and can write on the finger prick test results if there is a large difference. Overall I am super happy with the libres accuracy with my finger prick tests. How are you finding the libre at the mo?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 'how am I finding the libre'? Liberating :) this last 3 months I've felt more in control of my life than I have in the last 33 years, there's a definite comfort blanket feeling a twitch and just scanning your arm as you go to see what's happening.
I'm to see the consultant on Thursday with regard to a basal change, but having had time am having second thoughts on tresiba as my activity levels vary day to day and wonder if there would be an advantage to be had with levemeir as twice a day with these 4mm tips wouldn't be onerous, or stay on lantus as it's not killed me since moving to it in the early 90's :)
But yeah, I'm saving the NHS money as my test strip usage is no more than twice a day from 10+ and I believe it should be available to all T1's, my hba1c should be around 47 (from 52) I've a lot better hypo awareness and had a lot less swings either way.