1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre reeader not showing the graph line.

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by kev-w, Jun 3, 2018.

1. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My reader's working but since 1pm hasn't drawn the line it usually shows, I just use a reader & sensor, check frequently and haven't had this happen before.

I'm wary of resetting it as I'm at the clinic on Thursday to see the consultant and collect the next Libre script and the nurse wants the data.

2. kev-w

Odd as the line's restarted a couple of hours after it stopped, the readings were what I'd expect so any ideas?

3. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

How frequently is frequently?? Did you leave more than 8 hours between scans? I get gaps in the data if I leave it longer as the sensor will only store 8 hours max then starts to overwrite older data.

But maybe you already know this - in which case apologies for trying to teach Kevs to suck eggs as the old saying goes...? :wideyed:

Robbity

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I've had that a few times, Kev, although for me it's an irritation without quite the same implications as for you.

When I called the support line on one ocassion, it was suggested I charge the reader, although that might just have been to keep me occupied for a while. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. kev-w

Longest time between scans in 90 days is 6.5 hours when I sleep, other than that I scan 42 times a day (says the reader) :)

It's leaving a line like a wavy Morse code message now, I'll give it a charge as it's showing half a cell, cheers :)

6. barrym

barrym LADA · Well-Known Member

I've had this with a few sensors. The sensor seems to drop or not collect an hour or two data and the graph just shows a gap. I've had sensors replaced just for this alone.

Here's a good one. It shows a time zone change. I hadn't even been out the house.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I have had sensors rerplaced where the gap persists, but not, as far as my memory serves forr a gap that resolved itself with a backfill shortly after.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kev-w

[​IMG]

That's a photo of it I put on a social media site but won't show, mods can you fix it?

9. kev-w

@DCUKMod Nice one for the tip :) it's behaving now and drawing the line now I've charged it,, but reading 1mmol lower than a finger prick so thinks I'm hypo @ 3.7

I do hope the hospital will look at both testers as 50% of my libre hypos aren't hypos and the only ones under 3 were over 3 on a finger stick but anyway :)

10. kev-w

And its started gapping again today, so two calls to their customer service (first I terminated as the operators grasp of my spoken English was poor and after asking me to spell my post code twice I had no confidence in his ability to process the call) the second call (to complain about the 1st one) had me speaking to a competent operator and they're sending me a new reader + sensor, which was pleasing.

Mindst you I did awake with a blood of 3.2 so I'm probably not in the most reasonable of moods :p

11. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @kev-w. Abbots are pretty good at replacing faulty sensors and readers. I use my phone to scan mine and can write on the finger prick test results if there is a large difference. Overall I am super happy with the libres accuracy with my finger prick tests. How are you finding the libre at the mo?

• Like Like x 1
  12. kev-w

@porl69 'how am I finding the libre'? Liberating :) this last 3 months I've felt more in control of my life than I have in the last 33 years, there's a definite comfort blanket feeling a twitch and just scanning your arm as you go to see what's happening.
    I'm to see the consultant on Thursday with regard to a basal change, but having had time am having second thoughts on tresiba as my activity levels vary day to day and wonder if there would be an advantage to be had with levemeir as twice a day with these 4mm tips wouldn't be onerous, or stay on lantus as it's not killed me since moving to it in the early 90's :)
    But yeah, I'm saving the NHS money as my test strip usage is no more than twice a day from 10+ and I believe it should be available to all T1's, my hba1c should be around 47 (from 52) I've a lot better hypo awareness and had a lot less swings either way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook