Type 2 Have I Done It Right?

azad1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since joining this forum, I am finding some good info which really is helping me.
This is what I have done today correct me please if I have done something wrong:

I woke up around 7 am, then ate a piece of peach and a cup of tea with artificial sweetener. At 8 am I had a wholemeal toast (15g carb) with one tablespoon sized peanut butter.

For my lunch, I had a full plate of normal rice (can be 200g) and curry, half an hour later I went for 15 miles of mountain bike riding. While riding after around 10 miles, I felt a bit tired, I then had a break with a banana and a piece of bread (20g carb). On my return to the home, I checked my glucose was 6.5.

In the evening, I had a full plate of mixed vegetable with a piece of fish and a metformin.
Please note, I did not take any metformin in the morning and I checked my blood glucose 3 times today and it never went above 7.0.

What is do you think?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you never went above 7 all day, I would be very, very surprised after all those carbs. Are you testing before and 2 hours after meals?

Reactions: briped

azad1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am testing before and after. I have been moving whole day plus 15 miles mountain bike, really using my glucose.

If you never went above 7 all day, I would be very, very surprised after all those carbs. Are you testing before and 2 hours after meals?