1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Have I Done It Right?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by azad1983, Jun 9, 2018.

1. azad1983

azad1983 Type 2 · Member

Since joining this forum, I am finding some good info which really is helping me.
    This is what I have done today correct me please if I have done something wrong:

I woke up around 7 am, then ate a piece of peach and a cup of tea with artificial sweetener. At 8 am I had a wholemeal toast (15g carb) with one tablespoon sized peanut butter.

For my lunch, I had a full plate of normal rice (can be 200g) and curry, half an hour later I went for 15 miles of mountain bike riding. While riding after around 10 miles, I felt a bit tired, I then had a break with a banana and a piece of bread (20g carb). On my return to the home, I checked my glucose was 6.5.

In the evening, I had a full plate of mixed vegetable with a piece of fish and a metformin.
    Please note, I did not take any metformin in the morning and I checked my blood glucose 3 times today and it never went above 7.0.

What is do you think?

2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

If you never went above 7 all day, I would be very, very surprised after all those carbs. Are you testing before and 2 hours after meals?

• Like Like x 1
  3. azad1983

azad1983 Type 2 · Member

I am testing before and after. I have been moving whole day plus 15 miles mountain bike, really using my glucose.

4. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

In that case, well done. :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook