urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Any of you guys use Facebook? We could set up a group/messenger group/WhatsApp thingy for the more bantery aspect, if anyone’s interested? I’d be happy to set up a group attached to my fb page, I think I have an option to do that. Or even a group PM thread on here?

Sorry if that’s not an appropriate suggestion, Modmins.

I can't speak for all mod's but as far as I am concerned you kids can go off do whatever you like - just don't bring your playground tantrums back to the classroom.;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I wouldn't even consider hitting the report button where you are concerned :). Your suggestion of a specific thread for T1 and FBG is a great idea and I think would answer the OP's original question. Personally I think FBG isn't as important to newbies as much as people think it may be. I, along with many T1's on the forum have been doing this for years and in all honesty if we get up every morning for a week with a BS level below 8 we feel like a million dollars and think we've cracked it. I think that posters on this thread have tried to differentiate what FBG means to T1's and T2's. Sadly unneeded intervention has made it more of a debate. I think a lot of T1's especially experienced ones choose not to post because it isn't a big enough part of our lives. But hey, who knows, a bespoke thread could prove me wrong.

Highlighted part of your post, I concur wholeheartedly :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Was hoping I’d get chance to repost this ;)

F48D1100-5D00-4554-8CF5-0BD0EAE27F09.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
As stated in an earlier post on this thread I have restarted the " What are you doing now and humourus banter " thread in the general chatter section. I felt this forum needed something like this.
This thread is open to all and could do with a few new contributors.
Yep the moderators watch the thread as they do all threads on this forum. So far they have not been too heavy handed.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that posters on this thread have tried to differentiate what FBG means to T1's and T2's. Sadly unneeded intervention has made it more of a debate. I think a lot of T1's especially experienced ones choose not to post because it isn't a big enough part of our lives. But hey, who knows, a bespoke thread could prove me wrong.
So how about a thread entitled 'T1 life'? - similar to the T2 life one? I just feel that T1s would benefit from a chat thread of their own, maybe some newbies would stay around the forum after they have gotten themselves on track if there was something specifically for them to chat on and build relationships with other T1s. Some of you T1 guys are great, but I feel we do need more regular T1 posters.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I can't speak for all mod's but as far as I am concerned you kids can go off do whatever you like - just don't bring your playground tantrums back to the classroom.;)

Question
Who moderates the moderators ?

Reactions: karen8967

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Question
Who moderates the moderators ?

DCUKMod is our ultimate reference point. If you are still not happy with what we do the next step is writing to the site administrators.