1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why So Few?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by SueJB, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MinaRotter

MinaRotter Type 1 · Active Member

Yeh me too.

Oh to be young and in the early stages of T1 before the bitter cynicism of living with it for 40 years kicks in. With the autonomic neuropathy and the having to change basal rates whenever there's a full moon or slight breeze, or just because.

I remember those heady days of positive thinking - keep it up. Seriously!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  2. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree with you. It was a question that started a discussion - albeit with some banter which I as a T2 found amusing. Yes we can all get too wrapped in why our BG has increased by a very small amount or is higher/lower than usual but, the comments by T1's helped put that into perspective. I worry about an increase of >2 post meal, T1's worry about huge increases/falls. It was informative discussion and I didn't take offence at any of the comments.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #182 archersuz, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

I have of late been feeling that I don't quite fit being drug induced now feels indefinable.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

It’s probably even worse if they name it after you rather than your doctor...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. annliggins

annliggins Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I like the term " get a grip " . Join my life for a day peeps !

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I see.

I guess the phrase "all that glitters 'ant gold".

I was once again hoping for a great thread where type1s all join in and say hi. To remind OP that they are around.
    I think Type1s are Us thread a brilliant success, so far.
    Its always great to see fellow disease soldiers working together to keep focused. No matter their circumstances.

Ive seen other forums where a Moderator starts the lead of the thread and accomplishes great discussions and nudges into creating fantastic and informative hubs.
    However this is open to threads being only a minority led and can become stifled.
    Our forum allows any member to take a lead or ask a question which is appropriate for them.

Like anything in life thou. We cannot always agree on everything! That's families for you. ;)

#187 ickihun, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:28 PM
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @SueJB,
    51 years on insulin here in Oz.
    I have been on the once daily, twice daily, basal-bolus injections and now the insulin pump.
    I do not tend to dwell on showing blood sugar levels because whilst we have type 1 diabetes our needs, metabolisms etc are all different. Like chaulk and cheese. What matters is how to keep things in balance as much as life allows us too, and to keep learning.
    On site there are discussions answered by TIDs about how to manage time zones, about diet but not just low carb ones, about insulin pumps, coping with the health system, coping with emotional issues and much more. e.g. if you walk a dog should the dog have a container on his/her collar with spare food for hypo treatment (er, of the owner) ?
    Indulge yourself, share some jokes as humour is always the best medicine and contribute. Your thought or idea may solve someone's problem and visa versa !!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook