Why So Few?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
DCUKMod is our ultimate reference point. If you are still not happy with what we do the next step is writing to the site administrators.

Thank you for your reply.
Do not take this simple question out of context. Being new to posting and posting frequently, and it's useful to establish boundaries and the boundary setters boundaries.
Moderating is a voluntary ( I assume ) pastime sand also a thankless one.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Thank you for your reply.
Do not take this simple question out of context. Being new to posting and posting frequently, and it's useful to establish boundaries and the boundary setters boundaries.
Moderating is a voluntary ( I assume ) pastime sand also a thankless one.

Yes we do it in our spare time. It's not entirely thankless although it can feel like it somedays - especially when threads go a bit Pete Tong. But we live to fight another day :D.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a bit old ;)

Advanced T1 banter and general mickey taking?

"Come in, sit down, let's have a nice cup of T1."?

I'm not sure the word 'nice' works well with an illness, but anything for a pun.

Oh, I see a thread's already been started. Just in case anyone misses it:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1s-r-us.150597/

I'm not going to post anything there. I'm sure they are a lovely crowd, they just aren't my type. [drums]

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Reactions: Fairygodmother

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Let's not tar all the mods with the same brush.:)
I had a post edited by mod for referencing that mythical exceptionally warm place. I don't mind having to retort to some creative but legal language in context but it does make it a lot less interesting to read and post here when you're effectively censored from using daily language by most people past puberty.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Well the only way to find out is to start the thread yourself. Go on - I dare you!! :D The worst that could happen is that you end up talking to yourself, but at least you'd know you were having intelligent conversations.

Robbity
@Robbity my intention is to move the discussion forward and I think what you've written implies something not nice. My reason for making the thread in the first place was I saw more posts from T2 than T1 and I just wondered why

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Perhaps you would do well to consider that your ‘good natured joshing’ has already required the input of several moderators on this thread, and it was your posts which have done more to derail this thread than any others.

The OP was an enquiry about fasting blood glucose. The multiple other subjects have been largely introduced by yourself in what looks increasingly like an attempt to ride your hobby horse around the park.

If you wish to discuss this further then please do so by sending me a PM. If you continue to debate the subject on this thread it will be seen as further thread derailing and your posts will be deleted.
Hi, I started the thread and don't think it's been derailed. In fact I think it has aired some interesting discussion.

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
*Pokes nose into thread*

Just want to say, I love your Type 1s R Us thread! I won't be posting in it but I think it's a great idea.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I started the thread and don't think it's been derailed. In fact I think it has aired some interesting discussion.
When I was a kid we used to play football in the street. If we didn't let the kid who owned the ball play as the striker he would go home with the ball.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I wouldn't even consider hitting the report button where you are concerned :). Your suggestion of a specific thread for T1 and FBG is a great idea and I think would answer the OP's original question. Personally I think FBG isn't as important to newbies as much as people think it may be. I, along with many T1's on the forum have been doing this for years and in all honesty if we get up every morning for a week with a BS level below 8 we feel like a million dollars and think we've cracked it. I think that posters on this thread have tried to differentiate what FBG means to T1's and T2's. Sadly unneeded intervention has made it more of a debate. I think a lot of T1's especially experienced ones choose not to post because it isn't a big enough part of our lives. But hey, who knows, a bespoke thread could prove me wrong.
@therower what do you think the thread should be titled? I'm getting a bit fed up with everything I'm reading. It's not about them and us is it everyone, it was a very simple observation that made me start

Reactions: AdamJames

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Dear everyone
The plot's been lost now and it's really going off down non too funny alley way and right off topic and it has the sound of not niceness, so please stop. I think my original question, "why so few?" has been answered. Enough said, feeling rather sad how this has ended up as the original contributions were informative.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear everyone
The plot's been lost now and it's really going off down non too funny alley way and right off topic and it has the sound of not niceness, so please stop. I think my original question, "why so few?" has been answered. Enough said, feeling rather sad how this has ended up as the original contributions were informative.

Sue, would you like this thread locked?

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
Dear everyone
This often happens but it's OK, IMHO. There will always be people who want to say not nice things in a forum and it's almost impossible to stop them without making it worse. Ignoring it is often the best option.

I hope this thread stays available as most have found it informative, interesting and in places, very funny. You didn't know you were going to start such interesting conversations but I am glad you did.