Type 1s: What Is/was Your Blood Sugar This Evening And This Morning ?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11.5 last night (1 beer! ok actually 1.5pints - I know how to party!), 9.6 in the morning.

Reactions: Juicyj

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
bumping this post in case there is interest in T1's listing their morning and evening BG's
it appears to have died a couple of years ago..................

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 last night before bed, 6.2 this morning - way to go! Except that isn't the whole story!

Woke at 2:45 to 10.5 and did a correction, CGM showed I just gradually climbed from 23:00 to 01:00 and then levelled out until after my correction. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Juicyj and himtoo

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
bumping this post in case there is interest in T1's listing their morning and evening BG's
it appears to have died a couple of years ago..................
Goodie, @himtoo great idea for those who like numbers, me for one although I can go a bit fanatical if I haven't got enough work to do
So yesterday evening was 4.7 and morning dumped 6.2

Reactions: Juicyj

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
4.9 last night and an 8.4 this morning

Reactions: Juicyj and SueJB

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Last night my Libre told me I was near death i.e. LO , this morning 5.1 mmol. New sensor took a while to settle down despite inserting it 24 hours before activation.

Reactions: Juicyj and SueJB

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been in the low 4s all day not good for me heads banging...on the upside (if there is one)i had plenty of treats just been one of those days

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Last night my Libre told me I was near death i.e. LO , this morning 5.1 mmol. New sensor took a while to settle down despite inserting it 24 hours before activation.
Not a very efficient gadget, having more than second thoughts about getting one. Hope you're OK
I was 9.1 last night and 5.8 this sunny morning, weird.

Reactions: mountaintom

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I made a change to my basal regime last night expecting to see some different results via my CGM over night...........except my sensor failed and I hypo'd just before bed, probably as a result of the change, was 11.8 this morning :yuck:

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a very efficient gadget, having more than second thoughts about getting one. Hope you're OK
I was 9.1 last night and 5.8 this sunny morning, weird.

1st dodgy sensor for ~ 1 year, because I get them on prescription I don't have a spare sensor so I'm going to be finger pricking alot for the next 10 days. Normally pretty good though , couldn't do without it.

Woke up to reading of 2.7 mmol (the one touch verio gave me a more realistic 5.2 mmol) after going to bed at 5.5 mmol :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
1st dodgy sensor for ~ 1 year, because I get them on prescription I don't have a spare sensor so I'm going to be finger pricking alot for the next 10 days. Normally pretty good though , couldn't do without it.

Woke up to reading of 2.7 mmol (the one touch verio gave me a more realistic 5.2 mmol) after going to bed at 5.5 mmol :)
OK, not the gadget but the plug you stick in your arm! Can you swim in it and have a shower?

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
OK, not the gadget but the plug you stick in your arm! Can you swim in it and have a shower?

Yep no problems for swimming / showering. The sensor guidelines say it can be immersed in water for up to 30 mins but I've been in a lot longer. I always have some surgical tape to hand just in case it starts coming loose.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yikes!! 8.8 going to bed but horror 12.8 @ 5am. I'm sure I wasn't that bad.

Room13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went to bed at midnight 5.9, and woke at 5am with 2.8.

I have had very poor management-and understanding of my required levels- hence why I just joined this site despite being a T1D for 13 years. :)

I was on Lantus- a rather random figure of 50 units which has just built up over the years. I was switched to Tresiba 2 weeks ago and am now trying to establish what my Basel units actually should be and so not eating beyond 8pm. I have been having hypos every morning when I go to bed in the 5s and 6s. So I have been adjusting downwards. Last night I gave myself 25 units of Tresiba but as you can see I still woke to a hypo. 25 units is already my lowest since 2009. Any suggestions?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.8 last night, 3u correction, 5.3 this morning.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After being diabetic for over 35 years its only really in last few years I have started to put in effort. getting a Libre last week has also helped my resolve to be better. Also switched to a fairly low carb diet.

So most nights stop eating around 7.30 pm bed at 10.30 with BG of around 6 and staying steady most of the night with BG next morning coming in around 5 to around 8.

What frustrates me and probably many on here is there is no consistency with my figures a lot of time. can go to bed at 6 wake up at 3am with a 3, other times go to bed with a 6 wake up with a 10

WHY?????????

Reactions: SueJB and slip