Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Morning :D

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sometimes it is fun :D

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all and thanks for the best wishes, an old school mate turned up so afterwards I had some drinks with him and my son, far too many as I don't drink, I didn't hypo but am ill today and remembering why I quit drinking :(

Anyway it was a nice service so yeah, 'twas as good as a funeral could be :)

K

Knikki

@therower Manly hug no more than 5 seconds no eye contact and not look sheepish

Funny when I feel low I find that it is like being slightly drunk. Usually if I spiral high then I feel ****!!!!

Hope things sort out and just to rub salt in the wound yes I had a fine night pizza, inected only 6 units (lowest i have ever done for a pizza), then did a couple of boosts before bed as I could see my Etch A Sketch doing an Elon Musk rocket thing again, woke up at 9.3 and flying level :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well been to pump clinic and consultant has said because of my chànge to fiasp and tresiba my control has improved and he didnt think i would benefit from a pump at this time but would review me in 9 months i pointed out to him that it was him who suggested it in the first place ye just cant win sometimes .he also said id get libre on prescription by september so not a total wasted journey
AArgh!!!! My control has become a lot better on Fiasp and Tresiba. BUT I am totally hypo unaware and that is a major fact in me being preliminary accepted. Will probably have top jump thru more hoops to get the final go ahaead. (read the NICE guidelines)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
AArgh!!!! My control has become a lot better on Fiasp and Tresiba. BUT I am totally hypo unaware and that is a major fact in me being preliminary accepted. Will probably have top jump thru more hoops to get the final go ahaead. (read the NICE guidelines)

It all sounds so legalistic, like trying to get through a Work Capability Assessment, or appeal something else.

I'm not sure getting technology that helps manage diabetes should be quite so reliant on such a tick box process. But I'm sure you can win on the hypo unawareness issue. :(

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It all sounds so legalistic, like trying to get through a Work Capability Assessment, or appeal something else.

I'm not sure getting technology that helps manage diabetes should be quite so reliant on such a tick box process. But I'm sure you can win on the hypo unawareness issue. :(

I will be telling the "pump" consultant to look thru my records from 10 - 15 years ago (and before that even) to see how badly I was controlled (OR uncontrolled)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

Blood sugars overnight were ok, small bit of micromanaging.

I'm slipping into hypo territory at around 3.30 pm, at the moment. I don't want to reduce the morning Levemir though, because it has knock on consequences, so I think I'll just live with it. It happened about 6 months ago, as well, when I was still taking Lantus, then it just stopped. I'll just try to manage it, and see what happens.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My results absolutely rocketed watching the match. I could actually feel my heart beating and watched my levels rocket in real time on the Libre. Daren’t take any more insulin as I’d already taken some and as it was caused by Adrenalin worried I might crash in the night. Adrenalin is my nemesis in this diabetes struggle. Anyway took 3 units at 3am and woke at a reasonable 6 at 7am in my roasting hot tent.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
My results absolutely rocketed watching the match

Watched the match in a comatosed state as I had around 2 minutes sleep the night before, due to the heat here :-(
Normally my BS would go nuts watching England play in a knock-out game. Might have inadvertently found a solution!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I HOPE YOUR TYPING FINGER REMAINS IN FINE FETTLE !!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will be telling the "pump" consultant to look thru my records from 10 - 15 years ago (and before that even) to see how badly I was controlled (OR uncontrolled)

Looking at the NICE pump guidelines this section looks interesting. It says that for adults with HbA1cs below 7.5% a pump is appropriate if that is achieved with disabling hypos. So if your hypos impact your quality of life, and you have a lack of hypo awareness, that should be good enough.

Given the length of time you've had it, aiming for as low an HbA1c as possible, seems reasonable. I would guess there's lots of room for creativity there.

upload_2018-7-4_10-29-19.png

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
An ‘interesting’ 24 hours after a lovely patch of steadyish BG, just the low outer ranges on the libre. Yesterday whatever elf it was decided it’d better remind me it’s not always like that. I ran low all afternoon and evening, below 4 despite all the bits eaten to raise it. They ganged together to shove me to the top of Everest during the night, corrected, levelled out on the peak of Mont Blanc by the morning and now painting a pretty picture of the alps. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I’ve not had this kind of sequence for ages and I don’t like it. Feeling tired. And inadequate.

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon chaps, late to the party today! Just got back from the nurse and some blood tests for the meat allergy to see if the steroid inhaler causes less of an antibody reaction.

Stable night at the top of my range but a happy enough 6.4 now with a unit on board to nudge it down. Actually slept really well thanks to the ceiling fan above my bed on full blast all night, not too many ‘Nam flashbacks either...

@porl69 - surely your hypo unawareness should qualify you? I’m really hoping that the fact that on a certain week each month I have to take up to 15 (record so far) correction doses a day might get me one. We shall see.

I seem to be getting a dawn rise in the evening now. Around 8pm - flattish all day if I’ve got my food/insulin right and then whomp. Soars. It’s not my evening meal doing it, because I don’t eat until 9pm. Not every day, maybe 5/7. Any ideas?

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be getting a dawn rise in the evening now. Around 8pm - flattish all day if I’ve got my food/insulin right and then whomp. Soars. It’s not my evening meal doing it, because I don’t eat until 9pm. Not every day, maybe 5/7. Any ideas?

I think that is the insulin elf that @Fairygodmother has helpfully identified. Should it be an elf though, or maybe a goblin?

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling

Please keep your arms and legs inside the moving vehicle at all times when attempting to do a loop-de-loop on your CGM’s readout screen :woot:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i said i was hypo unaware and that id been having more hypos than i have had but when they down loaded my fingerpricker monitor he knew i was lying im not really that bothered as long as my bgs are stable but goodluck to you porl69 i think if i had really pushed him him i could of got it(maybe not)but he is keeping me on his pump list so in the near future if things change i wont have to go bk to square 1 so will just see how i go x

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
i said i was hypo unaware and that id been having more hypos than i have had but when they down loaded my fingerpricker monitor he knew i was lying im not really that bothered as long as my bgs are stable but goodluck to you porl69 i think if i had really pushed him him i could of got it(maybe not)but he is keeping me on his pump list so in the near future if things change i wont have to go bk to square 1 so will just see how i go x

It is a bit unfair especially after they told you about it. At least they know you are interested now and have jusmped the first stage.
I am awaiting for my appointment with the "pump consultant" now. My other half is desperate for me to get news as I go on about it all the time lol. She is VERY understanding now