• Start Date

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I went to restock on avocados yesterday. The M&S 'Perfectly Ripe' avos haven't been so good lately. They were just right a few weeks ago but now they aren't perfectly ripe. Quite hard and if I leave them out to ripen for a couple of days there are still some hard parts.
So I bought some Waitrose perfectly ripe Hass avocados from Peru which are consistently good. I had one last night with just a little sprinkle of salt.

D

Deleted member 308541

The M&S 'Perfectly Ripe' avos haven't been so good lately. They were just right a few weeks ago but now they aren't perfectly ripe.
Ours have a bit of give in them, but let go a couple more days and they are ok.

We picked up a couple of bags of Awkwards , a mix of Hass and Shephards avo's. Just the right size for a couple of ham and salad sandwiches.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

'As big as your head': giant avocado arrives in Australia

The ‘Avozilla’, which is being farmed in Queensland, weighs more than a kilo and is expected to sell for $12 each

Have just seen this article in the Australian issue of the The Guardian, one these will keep me going for a while. :D

800.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-your-head-giant-avocado-arrives-in-australia

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Tipetoo Are you sure someone hasn't gone a bit crazy on photoshop for this ?! Feel sorry for the poor branches on the tree..

D

Deleted member 308541

Bring the avo thread back to life again

We will have to put them back on the menu again, as we have not got any for while.

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

Picked up a bag of Arkwards on Friday for $7.50, nearly ready to go into a sandwich.

WhOmGlZ.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now look...I know avos are very healthy and good fats for LCHF but am I the only one that finds them a bit slimey, tasteless and defo cant eat them on their own. I buy a few every week but I dont look forward to eating them. There I have said it!!!
Before D I liked them in a sandwich with bacon or prawns but like bananas they must be perfect not hard and not too soft. Is it just me?

D

Deleted member 308541

Now look...I know avos are very healthy and good fats for LCHF but am I the only one that finds them a bit slimey, tasteless and defo cant eat them on their own. I buy a few every week but I dont look forward to eating them. There I have said it!!!
Before D I liked them in a sandwich with bacon or prawns but like bananas they must be perfect not hard and not too soft. Is it just me?
I have never found our avo's to be slimy, most of our avo's here in Bundy are locally grown so they are always fresh. Same goes for the interstate avo's all good.