Type 1 Sudden Lower Back Pain And Right Side Of Abdomen Pain.

Zoyakhanx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm an 18 years old and I was just wondering if I should be worried about the following;

I suffer with sudden lower back pain on my left and right side but the pain starts on the right side of my abdomen, the pain starts of mild then becomes worst an extremely uncomfortable. This exact pain happened a month ago but I over looked it as I thought it was normal as it happens every 3/4 weeks.

As a young Adult I do find it difficult to look after my diabetes making sure my blood sugar levels are at a good reading.. since I was diagnosed in 2015 my blood sugars have always been really high and it has only just recently improved a bit.
Can someone please give me a little bit of advise or help me I would really appreciate it.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Zoyakhanx, I don't think anybody on this forum will be able to help you with your abdomen pains as it could be literally anything. Are you able to go to a Doctor? There is a lot of help available with regard to your glucose levels though! Please tell us what your typical day (of eating etc) is like and how you have managed to improve it. Hope you feel better soon.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Could you please clarify, your avatar says Type 2 but the title of your thread says Type 1. This may affect theadvice you receive.

Welcome to the forum.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm an 18 years old and I was just wondering if I should be worried about the following;

I suffer with sudden lower back pain on my left and right side but the pain starts on the right side of my abdomen, the pain starts of mild then becomes worst an extremely uncomfortable. This exact pain happened a month ago but I over looked it as I thought it was normal as it happens every 3/4 weeks.

As a young Adult I do find it difficult to look after my diabetes making sure my blood sugar levels are at a good reading.. since I was diagnosed in 2015 my blood sugars have always been really high and it has only just recently improved a bit.
Can someone please give me a little bit of advise or help me I would really appreciate it.

Your profile doesn't suggest if you're male or female. If you're female, does the pain happen at any particular time in your menstrual cycle?

Alternatively, are your water works OK?

Zoyakhanx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Your profile doesn't suggest if you're male or female. If you're female, does the pain happen at any particular time in your menstrual cycle?

Alternatively, are your water works OK?
I'm a type 1 diabetic and I am a female. No the pain just comes and goes it does not come when I am on my menstrual cycle or around that time when I am due, I am so sorry for the missing info as I don't know how to change it.