Putting Remission Mathematically

HemantG

When I say sprouted legume, I mean that they provide proteins. Also carbohydrates means not just rice or wheat rolled bread, but many other things that go with it. In Indian diet, carbohydrates are consumed with vegetables cooked with oils, lentil, ghee(clarified butter), and dairy products such as milk and curds.

S

Sani Thomas

It is not that all Indians eat sweets. However you are able to appreciate much of what is posted. The fact is that there are a large number of people losing obesity with the methods described, and in remission of diabetes. Most of the people who have put their comments are unable to grasp the two meals theory, which is the mainstay of the methods described. Sprouted legume do provide proteins which people do not seem to be aware. Fruits are not necessarily a strict no-no for diabetes.
I have a problem with all that. Firstly, as everyone already noted, fruit with carbs. Although, they will be digested slowly due to the fiber content. Then I do not agree with the idea of two meals daily. Actually, it is better to have many small meals, so there won't be spikes in bg. With two meals, this is exactly what you will achieve.
I can only appreciate the exercise regimen, but not everyone can take it up, as there are many people with physical barriers to exercise. Besides, in rural areas people do walk and work hard. Are you asking them to do exercise on top of that?
I do resent your comment on "brains not only in the northern hemisphere". This was uncalled for and really, not correct as India is in the northern hemisphere. Anyway, having read the editorial on the inventor and his follower, if I had any faith in the proposed regimen, I am loosing it pronto. Would never trust such extraordinary man who has 40 degrees. Sorry, everyone knows about degree buying in India, but even without it, when did this person have the time to learn anything in depth, to be able to formulate a plan and put it in place. Then the style of writing, the description of how tests were conducted, etc.,etc.
You keep referring to the high numbers of people with success. Where is the evidence for both achieving the goal and the numbers. Don't be gullible, think before you embark on yet another magical proven regimen to rid yourself of weight and diabetes.
Whatever you do, wish you success and hope you don't harm yourself. As to me, I'll keep away of such things and rely on sound science.

Sent from my SGP611 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

Reactions: zand

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, it is better to have many small meals, so there won't be spikes in bg. With two meals, this is exactly what you will achieve
Depending completely on what you eat.
Lots of small meals with carbs will raise BG ad keep it high. A large very low carb meal will only raise BG minimally and wil keep it lower.
Fasting will also lower BG levels so eating in a reduced window is a great idea.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are all different. I cannot eat just twice a day. As a semi-pro tennis player, I need to eat 5-6x a day or more to have enough energy specially in long tennis matches.

I eat lots of non-tropical fruits i.e. apples, pears, plums and they do not spike me.

Reactions: ziggy_w

HemantG

I have a problem with all that. Firstly, as everyone already noted, fruit with carbs. Although, they will be digested slowly due to the fiber content. Then I do not agree with the idea of two meals daily. Actually, it is better to have many small meals, so there won't be spikes in bg. With two meals, this is exactly what you will achieve.
I can only appreciate the exercise regimen, but not everyone can take it up, as there are many people with physical barriers to exercise. Besides, in rural areas people do walk and work hard. Are you asking them to do exercise on top of that?
I do resent your comment on "brains not only in the northern hemisphere". This was uncalled for and really, not correct as India is in the northern hemisphere. Anyway, having read the editorial on the inventor and his follower, if I had any faith in the proposed regimen, I am loosing it pronto. Would never trust such extraordinary man who has 40 degrees. Sorry, everyone knows about degree buying in India, but even without it, when did this person have the time to learn anything in depth, to be able to formulate a plan and put it in place. Then the style of writing, the description of how tests were conducted, etc.,etc.
You keep referring to the high numbers of people with success. Where is the evidence for both achieving the goal and the numbers. Don't be gullible, think before you embark on yet another magical proven regimen to rid yourself of weight and diabetes.
Whatever you do, wish you success and hope you don't harm yourself. As to me, I'll keep away of such things and rely on sound science.

Sent from my SGP611 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

What evidence do you have against this person not obtained so many degrees through his own studies? Were you there when he wrote his exams? Or his classmate? Your comments against him make me put my comment. I come from the same town where he studied and have been aware of his brilliance since early days. So please put your comments only after due verification.

Two times meals is the core of this programs. Do bother to do research and ascertain that results have been obtained through experiments on groups. There are proper reasonings available why the two meals theory works.

Average loss of weight is reported as 6 kg in 3 months. Yours truly lost 8 kg in 11 weeks, and my doctor has reduced diabetes medication. Hope to achieve this every month. And I am not alone in this achievement, of course.

Coming back to the farmers. Yes. A metric can be prepared to calibrate their daily cardio-type efforts equivalent to walking 4.5 km in 45 minutes. But the core of the program is the two meals a day principle.

Such a program is necessary for a vast country like India were 3% population is diabetic. That means 30+ million people. Hence it is impossible to fine tune the treatment that can cover all.

Please view the things through a proper perspective. I am sure you will start appreciating.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It takes a minimum of two years to get a proper degree. He’d need to be over 100 to get that many!

HemantG

If any of the editorial I've seen about degrees from Indian universities is even remotely true, he would have got his brothers and other family members to sit the exams for him - thus leaving plenty of time for his grounbreaking research.
No point i
Might I suggest that this formula equates to CICO and does not apply to all. No single diet should be applied to large populations, one size does not fit all.

And I am bound to mention the excercise arn't I....
India is reported to have 3 percent of its population under diabetic threat. That means 30+ million people. Do you think any program can be fine tuned for individuals? This is working, including for yours truly and many others. We need mass programs. Simple to define, simple to understand, and simple to implement.

HemantG

Not everyone can walk at that speed, that's my point.!

Swimming is also possible. Only the metric needs to be determined. A cardio that can burn required calories. The main thrust is 2 times meals. That alone helps shed kgs. Once obesity is lost, walking can improve. There are cases where a person lost 5 kg just through the 2 meals a day regimen. My mother, 85 years, lost 2.5 kg in 4 weeks and hopes to lose more by following this regimen. And she can hardly walk.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No point i

India is reported to have 3 percent of its population under diabetic threat. That means 30+ million people. Do you think any program can be fine tuned for individuals? This is working, including for yours truly and many others. We need mass programs. Simple to define, simple to understand, and simple to implement.

The larger the group the higher the number of out liers. Yes, we do need a tailored approach. Your protocol ignores the fact that fructose promotes and sustains fatty liver therefore insulin resistance in liver cells. Your protocol also ignores those who cannot physically meet the required excercise levels. CICO does not and has not worked since its inception.

HemantG

May I just add that India and China have by far the fastest growing rates of T2, the last I looked for India was 66 million people now diagnosed.
3 percent in India, they say. That is about 36 million. We need a mass program which does not need fine tuning for individuals. And this one for sure will do wonders.

HemantG

We are all different. I cannot eat just twice a day. As a semi-pro tennis player, I need to eat 5-6x a day or more to have enough energy specially in long tennis matches.

I eat lots of non-tropical fruits i.e. apples, pears, plums and they do not spike me.
I agree we are different. But being an athlete you may be extra different. India with its reported 3% i.e. 36 million people cannot fine tune program individually.

HemantG

It should be noted too that India has a higher proportion of TOFIs. Where does the weight loss equation come into this mathematical treatment for them? Another reason why there should be individualised approaches as opposed to wide sweeping guidelines that do not take n=1 into account.
The method to treat TOFI is exercise. Walking 4.5 km in 45 minutes should provide the required cardio. If there is hidden fat in abdomen, it will reduce. However 2 meals a day is the mainstay of this program, which reduces insulin secretion and improves insulin sensitivity by reducing insulin resistance.

HemantG

The larger the group the higher the number of out liers. Yes, we do need a tailored approach. Your protocol ignores the fact that fructose promotes and sustains fatty liver therefore insulin resistance in liver cells. Your protocol also ignores those who cannot physically meet the required excercise levels. CICO does not and has not worked since its inception.
Facts speak for themselves. Do search and see their results, with an open mind. Also eating only twice a day is the mainstay of the program. That alone helps shedding kgs. It also regulates insulin secretion, and reduces insulin resistance. That helps processing of blood sugar.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@HemanG May I ask again about the cases of TOFIs i.e those who are not overweight/obese on diagnosis?
Weight loss for many, many of us with T2 is important but not for us all. If I followed your protocol with regard to fructose it would be taking a step backward. And I will repeat, excercise is important but there are people who gain excellent management of their condition without regimented excercise of any kind. I am such a person. You have asked that people do their own research and I would politely advise that you do some reading on fructose and why it has an especial affect on those with metabolic dysfunction.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Facts speak for themselves. Do search and see their results, with an open mind. Also eating only twice a day is the mainstay of the program. That alone helps shedding kgs. It also regulates insulin secretion, and reduces insulin resistance. That helps processing of blood sugar.

I am seeing excellent results without fruit and without excercise. The first is a choice the second is by necessity.

HemantG

Depending completely on what you eat.
Lots of small meals with carbs will raise BG ad keep it high. A large very low carb meal will only raise BG minimally and wil keep it lower.
Fasting will also lower BG levels so eating in a reduced window is a great idea.

Not only this, eating less frequently avoids instances of secretion of insulin associated with intake of every meal. This helps reduce insulin resistance. In turn that results in better handling of BG.

Last edited: