Coprinus Comatus Mushroom

Slobodan

Good evening,
I have diabetes 2, Habc 8.2.
Do you have any knowledge of the
Good evening,
I have diabetes 2, Habc 8.2.
Do you have any knowledge of the Coprinus comatus mushroom used in the regulation of type 2 diabetes?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Slobodan- you have two threads running on this topic, would you like them merged?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If the information you have been given is that coprinus comatus has a specific medicinal effect, then I would expect that effect is quite small- as far as I'm aware, there aren't many foods that actively *reduce* blood-sugar by that much. However, mushrooms in general are an excellent healthy food that won't raise your blood sugar when you eat them

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ordinary mushrooms are fine, a low carb food and making mushroom soup to have after a walk on a cold wet afternoon is a good idea.
I think that these mushrooms are supposed to treat type two diabetes - rather a forlorn hope I'm afraid.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always eaten mushrooms both before and after T2 diagnosis. They're useful as part of a low carb diet, in that they contain essential vitamins & minerals, and being very low in carbs are not liable to play havoc with glucose levels. So while I consider them (amongst other foods) as an important part of my LCHF diet, I doubt very much whether they're going to cure me,,,