Low Carb Programme

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am really chuffed with this programme. I lost 1lb the first week which was a bit disappointing but my BG had improved a bit. I tweaked the diet a bit and hey presto, 4lbs off and BG is the best it's been, on waking, for 2 years. I haven't felt hungry since I started the programme. I have still got a lot to learn and its early days but I feel I am on the right track. I would recommend it to anyone who is unsure what to do about weight etc.
My last H1abc was 69% and my BG was rarely under 15/16. I'm type 2 on tablets and insulin so as you can see, it was important that I got my backside into gear and did something. This week, my BG has been between 8.9 and 5.5 consistently. Now all I need is another H1abc test in a month with a good reading and I will know I'm well on the way.
Just thought I'd share this with you.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is fantastic news, well done! It's great to hear such positive improvement in such a short space of time,keep up the good work.

Reactions: jewels777

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really chuffed with this programme. I lost 1lb the first week which was a bit disappointing but my BG had improved a bit. I tweaked the diet a bit and hey presto, 4lbs off and BG is the best it's been, on waking, for 2 years. I haven't felt hungry since I started the programme. I have still got a lot to learn and its early days but I feel I am on the right track. I would recommend it to anyone who is unsure what to do about weight etc.
My last H1abc was 69% and my BG was rarely under 15/16. I'm type 2 on tablets and insulin so as you can see, it was important that I got my backside into gear and did something. This week, my BG has been between 8.9 and 5.5 consistently. Now all I need is another H1abc test in a month with a good reading and I will know I'm well on the way.
Just thought I'd share this with you.

Very, very well done, Jewels. My only cautionary point I'd like to make is to ell you to keep testing, LOTS, so that as your blood sugars come down, you're not going to find yourself having too many hypos.

Are you confident with adjusting your insulin doses at all? If not, I would suggest you have a chat with your Doc or Nurse to agree how you might reduce your insulin a bit once your numbers drop.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done!

jewels777

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Very, very well done, Jewels. My only cautionary point I'd like to make is to ell you to keep testing, LOTS, so that as your blood sugars come down, you're not going to find yourself having too many hypos.

Are you confident with adjusting your insulin doses at all? If not, I would suggest you have a chat with your Doc or Nurse to agree how you might reduce your insulin a bit once your numbers drop.

I've got an appointment on 26th and I'm reducing my insulin by 2 units at present so being cautious. I'm also carrying glucose tablets just in case until I get proper advice.
Thank you for your good wishes

Reactions: DCUKMod