Type 1 Abortion ?

livitridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello- I am struggling here at the moment. I could possibly be 4 weeks pregnant and my blood glucose control is terrible (I don’t need a lecture)
I hear that abortion clinics require hba1c and are reluctant to give the medical abortion pill to type 1’s... please tell me this isn’t true and that I can have a normal abortion pill like everybody else . Thanks

M

Moggely

Hi Livitridge I hope this doesn't sound like a lecture for it's not meant to be. You sound like your in a bit of a dilemma and I don't know how old you are but would you consider staying around this forum and getting advise from really knowledgeable people I am new myself but maybe the abortion is not the way to go but rather concentrate on your diabetes and controlling it with the help of some of these good people here. Sometimes having multiple problems can be so depressing and we can make poor choices one over the other so to speak I hope this has helped in some small way and wishing you all the best.

livitridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Livitridge I hope this doesn't sound like a lecture for it's not meant to be. You sound like your in a bit of a dilemma and I don't know how old you are but would you consider staying around this forum and getting advise from really knowledgeable people I am new myself but maybe the abortion is not the way to go but rather concentrate on your diabetes and controlling it with the help of some of these good people here. Sometimes having multiple problems can be so depressing and we can make poor choices one over the other so to speak I hope this has helped in some small way and wishing you all the best.

Thanks! I’m 22- I’ve been diabetic 11 years. I am not in any way ready for a baby. I will be concentrating on my glucose control but for now I a most concerned about how I can end a pregnancy. I am worried sick that I am not eligible to take the medical abortion pill

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello- I am struggling here at the moment. I could possibly be 4 weeks pregnant and my blood glucose control is terrible (I don’t need a lecture)
I hear that abortion clinics require hba1c and are reluctant to give the medical abortion pill to type 1’s... please tell me this isn’t true and that I can have a normal abortion pill like everybody else . Thanks
Hello, @livitridge
I am so sorry you are having this dilemma. You must be feeling awful. I hope you have someone to support you in the decision you are going to have to make. You need to seek medical advice regarding your blood glucose levels and control. Regarding the possible pregnancy perhaps this link would be a good source of info for you...
https://www.pregnancychoicesdirectory.com/
Please don't delay in seeking the correct medical advice. Unfortunately that is not something members here can provide, but I hope members will be understanding and give moral support, without being judgemental or giving lectures.

Reactions: livitridge
D

Deleted Account

Sorry to read of your situation.
As @Pipp says, we cannot give medical advice so I suggest you talk to a doctor.

I have no knowledge of abortions or pregnancy but there was a recent thread on this forum from someone who had been advised to end their pregnancy because her hB1AC was too high. I do not know the details but this came to mind when I read your message and thought your concern is almost contrary to this other poor woman.

Don't assume anything - ask someone who will know.

I hope your situation is sorted soon.
And don't be afraid to ask for mental assistance if you need it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there livitridge - I don't have any personal wisdonm to offer you regarding your predicament. My only suggestion could be to suggest you call either your doctor, or alternatively, if you don't want to do that yet, an organisation, such as Marie Stopes: https://www.mariestopes.org.uk/contact-us/ who deal in this field day-in-day-out. They'll certainly know what can or can't happen, I would have thought, or point you in the right direction.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. It can't be a comfortable place to be.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello. Perhaps a quick telephone call to BPAS (British Pregnancy Advisory Service) may help. I am hopeful that someone there would be able to advise you on the best way forward. Good luck.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@livitridge you say that you could 'possibly' be pregnant. I understand the fear and the panic that that entails, so maybe the first step could be to verify if you actually are pregnant? Then, if the test is positive, you've been given some really good links here to try and get some more information from. Perhaps it might be worth trying to telephone instead, because a quick google shows that there isn't much on the internet about it. There were 2 'stories' from people who had been in your situation as T1s, and they made no comment about Hba1c, so that would seem hopeful.

Hugs for you

livitridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@livitridge you say that you could 'possibly' be pregnant. I understand the fear and the panic that that entails, so maybe the first step could be to verify if you actually are pregnant? Then, if the test is positive, you've been given some really good links here to try and get some more information from. Perhaps it might be worth trying to telephone instead, because a quick google shows that there isn't much on the internet about it. There were 2 'stories' from people who had been in your situation as T1s, and they made no comment about Hba1c, so that would seem hopeful.

Hugs for you

Hey- I am doing a test today at lunchtime - my work colleague is sneaking me out, my dad is the manger of my work place so this is very tricky.
I feel like I’m going to have a panic attack - if I am pregnant - then I do not have much time as I am moving to Turkey for over a month at the end of August and worried this won’t be sorted in time.
Thanks for your help - yes I did see the poor women who was advised to terminate her pregnancy- some day in the future I will want children but just not now. I’m too young

Reactions: novorapidboi26

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey- I am doing a test today at lunchtime - my work colleague is sneaking me out, my dad is the manger of my work place so this is very tricky.
I feel like I’m going to have a panic attack - if I am pregnant - then I do not have much time as I am moving to Turkey for over a month at the end of August and worried this won’t be sorted in time.
Thanks for your help - yes I did see the poor women who was advised to terminate her pregnancy- some day in the future I will want children but just not now. I’m too young
just sending you the very best of wishes, I will be thinking of you. Hugs.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
If you find out you are pregnant, please seek help from your gp, diabetic clinic or Marie stopes.
Am thinking of you

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I can’t add much info to what’s already been said, but sending hugs xxx