Blood Glucose Readings On My Apple Watch With Miaomiao

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I’m very new to all this new technology, but I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a freestyle libra. Now, what are the approximate costs involved with the Miaomiao? How long do they last? What it the accompanying app like? Are they better than the nightrider? I do like the fact they are waterproof. Sorry for all the questions. X

Hello. Great news about the Libre, it literally changed my life!
The general consensus is the MM is favoured over the nightrider.
It’s costs approx £152 as a one off fee and should last forever, well within reason.
I find it helpful at night for alarms of highs or lows and when on the go.
The app is good but doesn’t give lots of historic data. The Libre and Libre link app on the other hand do.
I’d probably recommend seeing how you go with the Libre first as it took me a lot of time to get used to this and make changes to my insulin regime and eating habits.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: CranberryIce

Ras77

How can I get an MM ? Been told I can order through Facebook but can't find it in UK. This is for my wife who is type 1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm very interested in buying one of these,how are you finding it?
I love it! Should be on commission ;) It’s not cheap, but it’s waterproof and rechargeable. Much hilarity all round when I’m charging it with a battery pack shoved down my bra... the lead is quite short. I bought quite a few of the double stickers they sell on their site, and use a Skin Tac wipe when I stick it on. Seems pretty secure, although I’ll tie a bandana over it or a bit of rock tape if I’m worried about losing it. It’s quite flat and comfortable to sleep on, although I do have a memory foam mattress, not sure if that makes a difference. I use Spike as I’m on iPhone, @Scott-C is the chap to talk to if you’re on Android! All my data is pushed to my Pebble watch, so I can read all my info with just a glance at my wrist.

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I love it! Should be on commission ;) It’s not cheap, but it’s waterproof and rechargeable. Much hilarity all round when I’m charging it with a battery pack shoved down my bra... the lead is quite short. I bought quite a few of the double stickers they sell on their site, and use a Skin Tac wipe when I stick it on. Seems pretty secure, although I’ll tie a bandana over it or a bit of rock tape if I’m worried about losing it. It’s quite flat and comfortable to sleep on, although I do have a memory foam mattress, not sure if that makes a difference. I use Spike as I’m on iPhone, @Scott-C is the chap to talk to if you’re on Android! All my data is pushed to my Pebble watch, so I can read all my info with just a glance at my wrist.
I'm definitely getting one,do you find it a bit of an eyesore or not bothered about it? I suppose it's well hidden during winter under a long sleeve top but in summer it's very exposed.
I have an android Samsung phone but would need a smart watch with an easy to read screen because I'm visually impaired.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm definitely getting one,do you find it a bit of an eyesore or not bothered about it? I suppose it's well hidden during winter under a long sleeve top but in summer it's very exposed.
I have an android Samsung phone but would need a smart watch with an easy to read screen because I'm visually impaired.
Nah, I don’t care! But I do use stickers to decorate the sensor (currently sporting a green button, think my favourite so far has been an on/off switch), and I cut a piece of purple carbon fibre effect vinyl to decorate the MiaoMiao. Might as well make a feature of it!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just been for my diabetes check up and been told about miaomiao. Some quick googling brought me to this thread. It's all very exciting! Does it specifically have to be an apple watch? I have a Samsung s8 phone and a fitbit ionic. Does anyone know if this combo will work?!

K

Knikki

Check on the Miaomiao website as they have a couple of links for Apps on Android and iOS.

I'm also looking to get one and also have a Samsung phone.

Reactions: gemma_T1

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It’s normal for no instructions. Just charge, add to Libre and activate it. Let me know if you get stuck
It's on and activated,I'm using the glimp app.There's a lot of data and I've no clue what any of it means.I don't know if I'm going to be able to work it all out,I'm not very tech minded I'm afraid.

Reactions: mytype1.life

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's on and activated,I'm using the glimp app.There's a lot of data and I've no clue what any of it means.I don't know if I'm going to be able to work it all out,I'm not very tech minded I'm afraid.

I’m not either don’t worry, I just use it for the basic transmission of readings to my watch and low/high alert notifications

Reactions: nessals946

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's been stuck on the same reading for hours,is it broken already??? Does it need a reset? If it does,how do I do it?