1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood Glucose Readings On My Apple Watch With Miaomiao

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by mytype1.life, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Rach85

Rach85 · Member

Thank you, I have ordered the Miao Miao and will order the 3 you suggested and see which fits the best on her. Thanks again

2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

hi there @Rach85

maybe do a google search on "standalone smartwatches for children" -- there are quite a few out there

3. Username101x

Username101x · Newbie

Hi can you scan the libre with the Apple Watch? Also does it work with series 1 or is it just higher? Thanks x

4. Straw362

Straw362 Type 1 · Member

Hi

I’ve just ordered a Miao Miao for my 10 year old daughter.Please can you tell me how to request the spike app on iPhone & do I have to request the app on all our iPhone devices. Myself , daughter & wife phoned

5. himtoo

Retired Moderator

hi there.... you dont actually use the smart watch to scan..... you need a device such as libre , a bluetooth transmitter such as miaomiao and a smartphone that you load the spike app on .. the data is then automatically sent to the phone without the need for scanning... a smart watch can be included in this arrangement as well.

6. himtoo

Retired Moderator

i have tagged in @mytype1.life and @Mel dCP as they both use spike

7. BJA1

BJA1 Type 2 · Newbie

Where can you get this in the UK?

8. mytype1.life

mytype1.life Type 1 · Well-Known Member

9. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Pm me and I’ll give you a $10 discount code x

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. TangoDoc

TangoDoc Type 2 · Newbie

I have been using a Freestyle Libre for over two years and couldn't think of life without it now. I recently began to use my iphone 7 as a reader which was helpful but now, for the last few days, I have a Miao Miao which is linked to my phone with an App called Tomato. I was given to understand that Spike wouldn't work.
    Today, I went to the Apple shop in Leicester expecting to buy an apple watch series 5 but was told by a techie that Tomato was not compatible and he was unable to advise me how to proceed. In nearby John Lewis, who also sell the watches, the assistant who was wearing an Apple series 3 watch showed me how, once he had loaded Tomato on his phone he would be able to sinc it across to the watch.
    Who has a Apple 5 watch actually working with a Miao Miao and what app would you recommend?

11. Emertype1

Emertype1 · Newbie

Can I ask how this is going?
    I'm recently diagnosed and am using a Google.pixel. phone but am tempted.to.go down the apple watch and iPhone route for my miaomiao. Any advice?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook