2018/19 Football Season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We got a friendly game in Germany tonight against Dynamo Dresden. That should be a good game and I bet Wagner is behind that seeing as he is German :D

Reactions: Cumberland

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who won ?
Leeds won 2-1. It was OK for a friendly. Quite watchable, but friendlies aren't real footie are they? lol It was interesting though. I think I am more an FGR fan than a Leeds fan now, although I enjoyed it when both teams played well. Attendance was 3250, mostly down to local Leeds fans lol, but there were quite a few from oop north who travelled down too.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We drew with Dresden 0-0. Not a bad score. Next up is 2 back to back matches on Saturday and Sunday in the Interwetten Cup in Essen, closely followed by a pre-season friendly at SV Darmstadt 98 on Sunday. Then next weekend its the 2 games in Austria then back home and 2 weeks later its Chelsea.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Leeds won 2-1. It was OK for a friendly. Quite watchable, but friendlies aren't real footie are they? lol It was interesting though. I think I am more an FGR fan than a Leeds fan now, although I enjoyed it when both teams played well. Attendance was 3250, mostly down to local Leeds fans lol, but there were quite a few from oop north who travelled down too.

That's right friendlies are more of chance for all the players to have a warm up and show their talents in the hope of getting picked for the proper football matches. It stops them from rusting up too. :D Its time for you Leeds lot to shine now and get promoted then comes the funtastic Derby games that we haven't had for the past 2 seasons. I bet you miss your trips to the John Smiths Stadium.. :D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's right friendlies are more of chance for all the players to have a warm up and show their talents in the hope of getting picked for the proper football matches. It stops them from rusting up too. :D Its time for you Leeds lot to shine now and get promoted then comes the funtastic Derby games that we haven't had for the past 2 seasons. I bet you miss your trips to the John Smiths Stadium.. :D
lol the only time I have been to your stadium was with Arsenal. :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We lost 2-0 to Real Betis yesterday in a 45 minute game and in the 2nd 45 minute game we lost 1-0.:( Quite unusual to play 2 different teams for only 45 mins each. Looks like we got a game on Wednesday night at home to German side Olympique Lyonnaise. Hopefully the pitch will have recovered by then after the Little Mix concert last weekend left it a bit worse for wear :rolleyes: but the ground staff are confident it will be back in pristine condition in no time at all. :) Next weekend is the Austria trip for our lads then its back home for some hard training in readiness for the big Chelsea game on 11th August.:eek::D

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol the only time I have been to your stadium was with Arsenal. :)

If your Leeds lot would get a shift on you might get to come again next year with them. In any case you'll be back sometime this coming season when we host Arsenal. :singing::D And hopefully we'll stay in the Prem and you'll back next year as well :D

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lost to Fleetwood yesterday!

Not a bad run out but lacking goals, in desperate need of a target man and goal scorer!

Next up Chorley, then Rochdale Saturday!

So busy!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we demolished Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 at home last night. Pretty good result :)
Next up is the Austria trip 2 matches being played over 2 days this weekend. :)
2 weeks this Saturday to the new season start bring it on :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost to Fleetwood yesterday!

Not a bad run out but lacking goals, in desperate need of a target man and goal scorer!

Next up Chorley, then Rochdale Saturday!

So busy!

Lets hope you can get it together then by the start of the new season. I believe you guys kick off a week on Saturday a week earlier than us. Hope its a good season for us all :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems our lads are out in Austria all week and play a couple of games midweek. I guess they'll train and fly back home next Sat/Sun. Meanwhile all the lower league teams will be preparing for next Weekend's opening games. Hard to believe how quick the summer break has gone.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah well! That is a hectic pre season over.
The first league matches start this weekend.
Can't believe that it has gone so quickly!

I am optimistic about our season, but we need a good goal scorer, but we may have to start without one, watch this space!
I did think, that, we would have changed a lot more of our playing squad, but have retained many of last season squad. I await how they perform.
My prediction, (and you know my track record on that!) Is to finish mid to low league position but avoid relegation quite comfortably.
I would dread the thought of going down again, and would probably put the club in a state of economic stress. I don't believe we could genuinely afford to be relegated again!

Best wishes to all our teams who are playing this weekend!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FC Bologna for our lads today out in Austria. Hopefully beat them and more importantly gain some experience.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah well! That is a hectic pre season over.
The first league matches start this weekend.
Can't believe that it has gone so quickly!

I am optimistic about our season, but we need a good goal scorer, but we may have to start without one, watch this space!
I did think, that, we would have changed a lot more of our playing squad, but have retained many of last season squad. I await how they perform.
My prediction, (and you know my track record on that!) Is to finish mid to low league position but avoid relegation quite comfortably.
I would dread the thought of going down again, and would probably put the club in a state of economic stress. I don't believe we could genuinely afford to be relegated again!

Best wishes to all our teams who are playing this weekend!

I'm sure you'll do well and have a great season. :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we beat FC Bologna 2-1 yesterday :) We face RB Leipzig on Friday then fly home I'm guessing on the Saturday or Sunday and hard training the following Monday in readiness for Chelski.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Dublin and saw Arsenal beat Chelsea on pens (1-1 ft). Saw Cech save 2 pens!! :)

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We beat RB Leipzig 3-0 yesterday. That's the friendly games over and done with and the lads fly back to England either today or tomorrow and begin the countdown to the new season. We face Chelsea next Saturday. :eek::D

Good luck to all those playing today. I hope you get off to a good start :)