Ok My Turn Please Can I Have A Rant

tizzy

im so frustrated life can be so hard at times and all the time there’s the diabetes’s it always seems like whatever’s going on I still have to check blood eat not eat even when while agreeing to turning off a family members life support others in pain or struggling with there own problems there’s me eating biscuits or something or worried I’ll hypo and make a bad situation worse or is it just me sorry had to get it off my chest

Robin101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Diabetes is a very selfish affliction. But hold the thought that it really wasn't your choice. You can't avoid it or run away from it and you need the support as much as people who may be more visibly ill.
And you are entitled to let off steam. Absolutely. And this forum is great for that

Sometimes I may feel a bit down. But when I hear an ambulance with siren on and blue lights flashing - I realise that someone else is having a Really Bad Day.

We just get up, take another reading, and get on with it.

Chin up, as they say.

Addyb

Indeed. I could rant every day as I've 2 autistic girls to raise which in itself is extremely hard work both emotionally and physically. Me having diabetes thrown into the mix just after having on going kidney issues means my life is pretty hectic for various reasons. There is always someone worse off though and tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Robin101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Indeed. I could rant every day as I've 2 autistic girls to raise which in itself is extremely hard work both emotionally and physically. Me having diabetes thrown into the mix just after having on going kidney issues means my life is pretty hectic for various reasons. There is always someone worse off though and tomorrow is another day.
Hats off to you sir. That must be an enormous task. Hope you keep your strength up for your girls. Good luck.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Life just keeps throwing and extra thing for us to try to juggle whether we are ready for it or not. Sometimes we are lucky and can vent safely, at other times we just have to bottle it up and get on. There will be days when someone makes unexpected progress as well as those when someone slips away. Tomorrow is always a fresh day with new challenges and triumphs.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Please feel free to rant, rave, moan or whatever.

What helps me is tomorrow is always another day and waking up is a result. I also set myself a target to make somebody smile every day, even when inside I'm an emotional wreck.

tizzy

Thank you all so much you never know what people are hiding behind a smile. I would never have thought kind words from strangers would have made me feel so emotional I have 1 daughter with autism so I feel for you @addby I sometimes think whoever decided that you only get problems that your capable of dealing with got it very wrong but I’ll get up tomorrow and with a little help from medication keep going as we do thank you all

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wish an easier time for you in your future @tizzy.
Just remember...... 'Nothing stays the same' .

On very bad days for me I remind myself of the above phrase.
My past experience has proved that statement over and over again to be true.

I hope your life returns to full joy and immence happiness. I send you loads of positive vibes.

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's no point in ranting about this condition. I am just enormously grateful to Banting and Best who discovered insulin and enabled me to live whereas my maternal grandmother died of it in 1924, the year insulin was first used clinically. Yes, of course it has its problems and I would be lying if I claimed it has not affected my life but the life you have is to be lived to the maximum. I have been on insulin for almost 60 years and lead a very active life. I work round it but I have encountered prejudice.
A friend(?) invited me to a meal one day. I accepted. Then a few days later she phoned and to cancel the arrangement saying she could not cope with my diabetes! I told her that I am the one who copes with my diabetes and do not expect anyone else to that but she was adamant that the arrangement was off. Although this upset me I decided it was her loss not mine.

tizzy

Hi @cassie091 I’m not particularly ranting about having diabetes in general daily life I’m grateful for all the medication available and the fact that it most certainly could be worse after all it wasn’t my life support being turned off ,and having a child with it must certainly (in my opinion be worse)@ROBIN101summed it up it is almost a selfish affliction .Sometimes when you just want to give something or someone your whole attention the shakes start you think is it stress or blood sugars dropping ,you need to check ,or I feel I need to check because I certainly don’t want to draw attention to to me me me by hypoing and whilst in the right places,ambulance,casualty and then intensive care they weren’t there for me .i felt incredibly insensitive and selfish going to say my last goodbye stuffing Hobnob biscuits down my throat (it was all i could eat as I felt the sandwich I had would have been really in inappropriate)also bearing in mind some of the people I was with were unaware I was diabetic . I must admit I felt better ranting to people who understood and didn’t know me and I thank them for that

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It isn't just you, tizzy.

As for me, a neighbor told me for weeks she could drive me to the DMV office to renew my driver's license. Now just this morning she told me she couldn't -- a week before the renewal date. Now I have to start all over again figuring out how to get there. I don't have a car but I do have major anxiety disorder and don't like to travel long distances alone or without a driver I trust and feel comfortable with (which neighbor knew).

OK, that's me done.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There's no point in ranting about this condition. I am just enormously grateful to Banting and Best who discovered insulin and enabled me to live whereas my maternal grandmother died of it in 1924, the year insulin was first used clinically. Yes, of course it has its problems and I would be lying if I claimed it has not affected my life but the life you have is to be lived to the maximum. I have been on insulin for almost 60 years and lead a very active life. I work round it but I have encountered prejudice.
A friend(?) invited me to a meal one day. I accepted. Then a few days later she phoned and to cancel the arrangement saying she could not cope with my diabetes! I told her that I am the one who copes with my diabetes and do not expect anyone else to that but she was adamant that the arrangement was off. Although this upset me I decided it was her loss not mine.

Definitely the insensitive 'friends' loss @cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi @cassie091 I’m not particularly ranting about having diabetes in general daily life I’m grateful for all the medication available and the fact that it most certainly could be worse after all it wasn’t my life support being turned off ,and having a child with it must certainly (in my opinion be worse)@ROBIN101summed it up it is almost a selfish affliction .Sometimes when you just want to give something or someone your whole attention the shakes start you think is it stress or blood sugars dropping ,you need to check ,or I feel I need to check because I certainly don’t want to draw attention to to me me me by hypoing and whilst in the right places,ambulance,casualty and then intensive care they weren’t there for me .i felt incredibly insensitive and selfish going to say my last goodbye stuffing Hobnob biscuits down my throat (it was all i could eat as I felt the sandwich I had would have been really in inappropriate)also bearing in mind some of the people I was with were unaware I was diabetic . I must admit I felt better ranting to people who understood and didn’t know me and I thank them for that

Turning off life support and for a child is so very sad :( Now I have read your post, I understand just how frustrating and annoying it was for you at such a sensitive time. My condolences to the family of the child and all who were there to say a final goodbye :( Edited to say, Diabetes is 24/7 !
Take care of yourself @tizzy

Last edited:

tizzy

Oh goodness no it wasn’t a child’s life support it was an adults my brother and whilst not old .not a child what I meant was I found diabetes very hard during this time but it must be so much harder dealing with a child having diabetes on a daily basis so sorry if I caused any confusion