I Am Now Off Metformin, I Have Lost 2 Stones On The Keto Diet Very Happy With That.

RoslynMB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on 2000mg of Metformin for years, i started the Keto diet 3 months ago, i have lost 22lbs, (not a very fast weight loss but im happy with it) i was on statins i no longer need those as cholesterol is now normal again, my blood pressure is almost to a place where i no longer need medication for that either, i just wanted to share my good news with you, if i can do this (as i have tried everything believe me) its always worth a try. Thank you for taking the time to read this, i wish you all a lovely day.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome :) Well done on your fantastic results! I find your post very encouraging as I have been doing keto for 18 days and my aim is to be able to stop taking my blood pressure medication too.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fantastic job, well done!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good job Roslyn. You must be delighted and it is so encouraging to be able to get off meds. You must also have great BG readings.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

RoslynMB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome :) Well done on your fantastic results! I find your post very encouraging as I have been doing keto for 18 days and my aim is to be able to stop taking my blood pressure medication too.
Hi, keep at it, i didn't expect to be taken off of Metformin so i am surprised and very happy. If you keep trying maybe you can too with your Doctors / Nurses permission of course, good luck. Roslyn.

Reactions: zand

RoslynMB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bet you feel great too.. well done you excellent results.
Thank you very much, i see you there with Dr. Jason Fung, his book was a real page turner it has helped me a lot. Thank you for contacting me. Roslyn.

Reactions: zand

RoslynMB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good job Roslyn. You must be delighted and it is so encouraging to be able to get off meds. You must also have great BG readings.

Hi, thank you, yes i have come down to 5.6 from 23.8 i have tons of energy and i am actually never hungry lol who would believe it.... not me lol thanks again for your message i really appreciate it. Roslyn.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, thank you, yes i have come down to 5.6 from 23.8 i have tons of energy and i am actually never hungry lol who would believe it.... not me lol thanks again for your message i really appreciate it. Roslyn.

Wow! What a difference! Very well done from me.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I started on ketogenic diet about two weeks back. My FBS has come down from 9-10s to about 7-8s. About four years back I followed LCHF diet , and lost some of my weight and also reduced my blood sugar. But then fell off the wagen an gradually blood sugars increased.
But I am going away near end of this month. What foods can I eat on the plane. It takes 2 days to go to my destination. There is break at the Dubai Airport but as I have change planes I wont have time to buy food.

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on making the change! I've been keto for 3 years and haven't looked back. Managed to get of all my meds and get great numbers. Keep going :)