Blood Monitor Packs

Malcolm.Smith

can anyone point me in the direction of a place where I can get a new pack to store my freestyle light monitor and all it’s related gubbins (test strips ect) the one that came with mine is disintegrating and I’m looking for something more robust and stylish

D

Deleted Account

Do you need a case?
I chucked my monitor case the day I got it and just put my gubbins in my pocket when I go out.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just bought a pink one! I wanted something a bit more substantial for traveling.

Reactions: Rachox

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
eBay's also a possible source.

I've bought a couple of Joe's small-in one canvas type nylon cases which take a lot of diabetic gubbinses, have a belt loop, are sturdy, well made and come in a variety of colours - expensive but I reckon they're worth the price. (Can you tell I rather like them?? :D)

Robbity

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Malcolm.Smith ,

Looking at the meter you use. (via google.) looks not much bigger than a car alarm fob..? Though i appreciate the case needs to also accommodate lancet device & a pot of strips..

Have you thought about something like a camera case?

You could try contacting Abbott for a bespoke case?
Roche sent me a nice leather phone style case for my Mobile meter, for gratis! ;)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure in this regard, we ladies have things easier than the chaps, in that a small cosmetic bag can readily be used to store all that's required, and most have a modest amount of padding on-board at manufacture.

IKEA does loads and loads of little accessory bags, in various sizes that could be suitable, depending on your personal requirements - for example these: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...na-accessory-bag-set-of-3-black-art-10294549/

I have those in red, and my OH in black, for various bits when we're travelling, just keeping "stuff" tidy in rucksacks or bags.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I think having a 'receptacle' for blood testing equipment is an excellent idea if you have children around.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a small make up bag, though you could also use a pencil case or similar

D

Deleted member 308541

the one that came with mine is disintegrating
All of my meter cases are still in original condition, it's got me stuffed how they can disintegrate though.
I chucked my monitor case the day I got it and just put my gubbins in my pocket when I go out.
My nearly two year old Freestyle Freedom Lite meter and gear, fits neatly in my my back pocket in it's original case.