Pregnant With Insulin Pump & For Elective C-section

sparklesoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was wondering what you did with wearing your pump at night after a c-section?
I wear a insulin pump belt at night as I toss & turn a lot. But was thinking that will be too sore to wear after c-section? What did others do? Many thanks!

Reactions: kitedoc
D

Deleted Account

I have not had a c-section but wear a pump and have had a histerectomy.
I wrap my pump belt twice around my thigh and keep my pump on my upper leg whilst in bed.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I was wondering what you did with wearing your pump at night after a c-section?
I wear a insulin pump belt at night as I toss & turn a lot. But was thinking that will be too sore to wear after c-section? What did others do? Many thanks!

Hi and welcome, I had a c section although wasn't wearing a pump back then, however it shouldn't be an issue as your c section is done immediately above the pubic bone, so it's well out of the way. I would suggest wearing your pump belt to keep it in though so won't be affected by moving about, I also doubt you will be moving around too much afterwards too, I was pretty shattered after mine.

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
Hi and welcome, I had a c section although wasn't wearing a pump back then, however it shouldn't be an issue as your c section is done immediately above the pubic bone, so it's well out of the way. I would suggest wearing your pump belt to keep it in though so won't be affected by moving about, I also doubt you will be moving around too much afterwards too, I was pretty shattered after mine.
same as above. You can clipto nightie or pj. Get pump pants but that would be at scar level. Or if wearing nursing bra get a bra strap.
I had 2 sections. With number 1 I was wheeled everywhere to start and took 6 weeks and more to fully heal and drive. With number 2 I walked from day one and healed quicker and was fully healed and driving at 4 weeks.

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
same as above. You can clipto nightie or pj. Get pump pants but that would be at scar level. Or if wearing nursing bra get a bra strap.
I had 2 sections. With number 1 I was wheeled everywhere to start and took 6 weeks and more to fully heal and drive. With number 2 I walked from day one and healed quicker and was fully healed and driving at 4 weeks.
I have my pump lose in the bed with me most of the time and it becomes automatic to move it if it pulls. Maybe be helpful to site n arms or upper stomach to start and avoid legs or lower abdomen so it doesn't pull across scar line. You will be fine and good luck with the baby and blood sugar changes.

Toriroge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I wear mine in my bra and I did after my c sec xx