The Horror's Of Universal Credit.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have always been a good saver and I have money in my bank , which is helping me over the 5 to 6 weeks until I get Universal payment. I didn't expect my small savings to be used like this, but thank goodness I can, as some people have absolutely no money at all, or are in debt with nothing for a rainy day. I did refuse an advanced payment.
keep the info, as some of my clients have had a 12+ week wait.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am so sorry you had to suffer like that.
I have heard this so many times. It's a disgrace.
At the moment I am on esa, but I do know roughly around december/January that my area, anyone on esa has to apply for universal credit. Quite frankly I am petrified. I have to start all over like new claimed ts. That's includes allying for council tax and housing benefit. I belong to a esa/universal credit, I have found through that site, using the benefit calculator, that I will end up £72 per week worse off. I will have to send fit notes in. Bloody stupid to be honest as surely as I am on esa already, it should be transfered but no.
Also I know new claims can be a minimum of 6 weeks before any money is issued. Also, that applies 6 weeks with housing benefit and council tax. So I am trying my best to put whatever few pence I can save to at least pay my rent. I don't want to be evicted because of the dawn stupid universal credit.
I pity them if we get evicted over that. I'll sue the government.
It was one of the first things my law degree taught me.
My ex-husband's twin brother is a human rights commissioner in another European country. I will enrol his knowledge too, if I have too.
Its a dam disgrace.
No one is asking for free, just support til things improve. If the medical help is available.

I'd camp outside Parliament peacefully with a big sign saying "where has my tax gone?". Ha ha

Reactions: ally1

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so so pleased I do not live in the UK any more and would never never return to live there again, it is turning into a third world country!!! My son lives there though, disabled with a very rare progressive condition, in pain all the time. Cannot walk far, stand for long or sit for long. Was on ESA, called in for an assessment and a week later had a phone call to say "AS FROM THIS MORNING ALL YOUR BENEFITS HAVE BEEN STOPPED" Housing benefit and Council tax inc.. Now eviction is on the cards because he cannot pay them.

The assessment questions the doctor has to answer are worded so simple and open that I cannot see how anyone can fail. 1st question - "you can move more than 200 metres on flat ground (moving could include walking, using crutches or using a wheel chair). Who can fail that? They might just as well stop all benefits and not give everyone the agro in between because that is the way they are going!!

Reactions: Prem51

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
We Are All Daniel Blake - that's a superb Ken Loach movie. Has anyone seen it?

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes totally agree with you. In the past the benefit system was abused by some. I don't see why genuine people should have to suffer because of the fraudsters. It makes me so angry.
Yes, but they're not suffering because of fraudsters. Only around 0.7 per cent of the total budget is lost to fraud. People need to realise that there are no teething problems with UC. It is working exactly as intended. People are having advances to live on, and so are in debt before they even receive their regular money. The delays are intentional. I don't have the total welfare figure to hand; but I do know that the annual statement we get is dishonest because it includes State Pensioners which should not be classed as welfare. Another point, to contrast and compare, is that businesses get around £93bn in tax breaks, grants and subsidies each year. Social Security for Business is never questioned. How strange.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes, it's very good.

I have never heard of this film, I, Daniel Blake ,but I just watched a clip and my eye's filled up with tears .......... but I will have to watch this film.

Reactions: dbr10

Birdwoman

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
People are having advances to live on, and so are in debt before they even receive their regular money

Only a few get advances, it depends whether you face fits or not!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Only a few get advances, it depends whether you face fits or not!!

I kept being offered an advancement, about 4 times, from the work coach and the commitments adviser. I refused, by saying no thank you, my family and friends said they would help me out if I needed it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes, but they're not suffering because of fraudsters. Only around 0.7 per cent of the total budget is lost to fraud. People need to realise that there are no teething problems with UC. It is working exactly as intended. People are having advances to live on, and so are in debt before they even receive their regular money. The delays are intentional. I don't have the total welfare figure to hand; but I do know that the annual statement we get is dishonest because it includes State Pensioners which should not be classed as welfare. Another point, to contrast and compare, is that businesses get around £93bn in tax breaks, grants and subsidies each year. Social Security for Business is never questioned. How strange.

The government knew exactly what they were doing when planning Universal Credit, it is doing exactly what it was intended to do............. hurt the ordinary working class person, by kicking them down, time and time again, until some poor souls give up completely, it is a disgraceful, despicable and a dehumanizing government :(:mad::(

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Page 1 of 1

Our Ref:******* 10 August 2018

Dear Ms *****,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your Universal Credit claim. I was concerned to hear

of the difficulties you have experienced with this matter.

I have written on your behalf to ****** Jobcentre Plus in order to forward your

concerns and to request a review of your case.

I will write to you again once I have received a reply. Please do not hesitate to contact me if

I might be of any further assistance in the meantime.

With best wishes,