Stupid High Bs

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BS is stupidly high. 25.8. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! I was listening to Lucky Lucky Lucky Me when I got it. Wrong time to listen to it maybe??

K

Knikki

25.8 ???? :eek: Wow that is high.

How did you manage that?

Take care I guess you will getting Ketons being that high.:yuck:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
My BS is stupidly high. 25.8. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! I was listening to Lucky Lucky Lucky Me when I got it. Wrong time to listen to it maybe??

There's always rhyme and reason for this, what happened ? Hope your heading South gently now.

Reactions: kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @22nw22, I assume whatever Lucky Lucky Lucky Me is some quiz show or similar. Excitement from a movie can certainly send up my BSL and I combat that by having extra insulin, a small anticipatory correction dose, plus I increase my pump basal by 20% or so for the length of the movie and some 2 hours after.
Excitement causes release of adrenaline, and adrenaline helps mobilise stored glucose from muscles and liver. Without some increase in insulin to moderate such mobilisation as diabetics our BSLs tend to go up.
Adrenaline is the 'emergency' hormone, designed to ready us for fight or flight. But of course the 'emergency' is on the TV (or computer screen) so the 'readiness' is not utilised (unless we are watching whilst say, using an exercise bicycle). OR we are very well trained in meditation and so remain completely calm)!!
Please talk with your DSN/doctor to work out what the exact cause of such a high BSL is and how to correct it and preferably prevent it in future. Best Wishes !!!