Toujeo/lantus

Jaxtype1

I have recently changed from Lantus to Toujeo but I am now bombing high and low it’s rediculous so I want to go back to Lantus but I was taking it around 10pm and got hypos at 2/3an I was thinking of trying around 7pm then I can eat 15g carbs before bed (around midnight) does anyone else do this and any advise please. I am new here this is my first post and type 1 for 44 years. Thanks

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
Is your Lantus too high that it is causing hypos? Some diabetics experience a 2 mmol/l drop some nothing at all. Also, where are you injecting? I found that not so surprisingly my Lantus dropped me because I injected at the same site every other day. I changed the site and now no drop at all. Also, are you exercising the area where you injected? This causes faster absorption of Lantus due to increased blood flow.

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have recently changed from Lantus to Toujeo but I am now bombing high and low it’s rediculous so I want to go back to Lantus but I was taking it around 10pm and got hypos at 2/3an I was thinking of trying around 7pm then I can eat 15g carbs before bed (around midnight) does anyone else do this and any advise please. I am new here this is my first post and type 1 for 44 years. Thanks

Are you able to try Levemir or Tresiba? Both are more modern than Lantus and work more consistently.

Jaxtype1

Hello,
Is your Lantus too high that it is causing hypos? Some diabetics experience a 2 mmol/l drop some nothing at all. Also, where are you injecting? I found that not so surprisingly my Lantus dropped me because I injected at the same site every other day. I changed the site and now no drop at all. Also, are you exercising the area where you injected? This causes faster absorption of Lantus due to increased blood flow.
Thanks, I inject in my bum, I don’t excersise that! and I am aware Lantus has a peak after about 5/6 hours I was ok before when my hb1ac was high but since I got that down it’s been happening, been on Toujeo for a week but I don’t like it.

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I inject in my bum, I don’t excersise that! and I am aware Lantus has a peak after about 5/6 hours I was ok before when my hb1ac was high but since I got that down it’s been happening, been on Toujeo for a week but I don’t like it.
Hba1c going down might explain this to be honest and Toujeo recieved many bady reviews but I never tried it before.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Worth remembering that Toujeo is just Lantus, only 3x concentration. Which does make a difference in behaviour, and conveniently means it can have a new patent, but a lot of it should be similar.