Do you ride a motorbike?

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Yes I'm rider Motorcycle Yamaha tracer MT-07 sport touring no problem with the diabetes.

Reactions: jjraak and Prem51

mibby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just swapped the T-bird for this:
42102082305_0b15c4c568_h.jpg

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Just saying my opinion i personally think motorbikes are dangerous. My mum thinks so to. My cousin fell off one whilst riding his own mistake and broke his leg back then. He decided to learn car afterwards. Most accidents with . motorbkes in my area the motorbike rider ends up dead or serous injuries. The only thing you have that protect you are your helmet by law and some wear motorbike chlothing but you have no seatbelts etc...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saying my opinion i personally think motorbikes are dangerous. My mum thinks so to. My cousin fell off one whilst riding his own mistake and broke his leg back then. He decided to learn car afterwards. Most accidents with . motorbkes in my area the motorbike rider ends up dead or serous injuries. The only thing you have that protect you are your helmet by law and some wear motorbike chlothing but you have no seatbelts etc...

You've said this before on this thread and I really can't see why you feel the need to repeat yourself. We obviously like bikes hence we ride them. As we are big boys and girls we can make risk assessments for ourselves thanks.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for that. I had no idea they could be dangerous... :bored:

Reactions: mibby and hooose

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

One of my work colleagues is into hang gliding. He travels all over europe with like minded people looking for mountains to jump off. He claims to have broken bones from flying in to the side of shear rock faces a couple of times.

He thinks motorbikes are too dangerous to ride. I think jumping off a high point with a small piece of cloth and a little aluminium frame above your head is lunacy. All subjective I guess.

"The most dangerous part of a motorbike is the nut holding the handlebars".

Peter Latham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The most dangerous thing with a motorcycle is the ignorance and lack of awareness of other road users. Yes the rider has a large part to play too, but ride sensibly be aware of others and anticipate and it's a great mode of transport!

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
I do like to Ride my ️ motorcycle every day