1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Do you ride a motorbike?

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by vagabanjo, Oct 16, 2016.

1. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, on reflection . ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

When you've seen one killed right in front of you (motorcyclist) as I have, you've indeed seen the worst of life. I give them all a wide berth. There's enough cars to worry about, let alone someone with little protection around them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

And after seeing a cyclist come off his bike and falling across the road in front of me because he was cycling so fast downhill I give them a wide berth too. If I had been one second earlier on my journey he would have fallen in to my car. And I was the one who was travelling well below the speed limit and in the opposite direction.

#163 zand, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:18 AM
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  4. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Which at the end of the day just goes to prove, life it's very self is dangerous.

thank god other thought and think differently,

i mean NASA, well i get that''s dangerous, so no more space flights or technology from it,
    and I've read about untold aeroplane crashes, and seen many movies so they have to go, to..bye bye foreign holidays
    but we still got Clacton etc, except not.

well we all know trains crash, and cars...ooh and lorries..so they got to go.

Motorcycles obv..and bicycles too, only seems fair we wrap them in cotton wool as well,
    tho i have had the misfortune of having to walk past one spot not too long after, where some unlucky cyclists
    had gone under the wheels of a large lorry.
    even after it's not a pleasant site.

and pretty sure crossing the road is dangerous, but i supposed with no traffic at all, it's less so,
    but then people can be dangerous, seen far too many news reports of many dying at the hands of others over some trivial incident
    so staying in will be encouraged and then compulsory,
    and on the upside, with no one able to get to work, there will be no money to actually buy anything so nothing to get stolen :D
    so that should fix death by burglaries or anyone breaking in to take what they have not worked for or earned, because...

so all in all it's going to be a much safer world to live in when we all just do as other people think,
    because whatever we do is dangerous to someone and to them, NOT worth the Risk...

Safe But Oh so BORING....Hope you all enjoy the new world order.

Me...?

sod that..i'm a rebel
    I vote with Mel...

"...They can take our Wings & Wheels
    but they'll never take our FREEDOM..."

Now..where can i get blue body paint..?

• Agree Agree x 2
    #164 jjraak, Nov 30, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve seen how badly injured someone can be just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time just walking along a road... Or visiting an elderly relative, tripping and dying of a brain injury after hitting their head on the wall of the house they were approaching. Or dying of a pulmonary embolism as a result of a DVT caused by a long haul flight. Life is dangerous. When your time’s up, your time’s up. Think I’ll keep riding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rockman

Rockman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

the motorcycle don't kill the rider kill the motorcycle

7. Rockman

Rockman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My Yamaha MT07 tracer IMG_20191116_143614.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Simon84

Simon84 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

79001359_1560847740724817_7557874536549449728_n.jpg

My Yamaha FZ1 N That I got a few days ago.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook