What Is Your Highest Blood Sugar Peak Today

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys wanted to ask whats everyone highest blood sugar peak been so far today

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Today I had an 11 just before dinner. BUT awoke to a hypo this morning. Pretty level ever since and 6(ish)

Reactions: Knikki

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i'm back on finger prick testing since my dexcom trial finished, but judging by my graph paper i would guess at around 12 or 13 an hour or so after lunch but back down to 8 about 2 hours after

D

Deleted Account

The highest result of a finger prick was 7.4.
I am Libre or CGM free so couldn't tell you if I went any higher.
(Actually, even if I had a Libre or CGM, I couldn't confidently tell you if I went any higher but that's because I seem to have incompatible interstitial fluid ... but that's a whole different story).

Adamuk1001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi...I'm insulin resistant and had until Xmas been on a highly concentrated insulin ( Humulin u500) which I was told is no longer available. It was the only insulin that seemed to come closr to some control , giving me readings in single figures.
I am now on Humulin 100 which is totally ineffective and my readings are now around 20 min and sometimes 38+ (both figs pre meal).
I dunno what to do really , my consultant says there's no way of getting the u500 for my pump and, he won't let me have pens to fill my pump.
I feel awful all the time, it took a long time to find the insulin that helped and now it seems I'm back to where I was years ago.
Anyway I'm sorry if I've rambled on .

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
13.9 post HIIT, post v.low carb snack (egg, spinach plus cappucino sans topping)..
Yesterday I topped out at 27 though which was my fault for eating chocolate then not having test strips until 2.30pm and being too conservative in my bolus correction dose when home alone....Felt awful and stupid for not re ordering those strips in time.

Reactions: LeonTee

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Challenged myself with a pkt of walkers cheese n onion 32.5g, first crisps since diagnosis. BG went up 1.2mmol so not too bad. Means I can have a treat once in a while.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi...I'm insulin resistant and had until Xmas been on a highly concentrated insulin ( Humulin u500) which I was told is no longer available. It was the only insulin that seemed to come closr to some control , giving me readings in single figures.
I am now on Humulin 100 which is totally ineffective and my readings are now around 20 min and sometimes 38+ (both figs pre meal).
I dunno what to do really , my consultant says there's no way of getting the u500 for my pump and, he won't let me have pens to fill my pump.
I feel awful all the time, it took a long time to find the insulin that helped and now it seems I'm back to where I was years ago.
Anyway I'm sorry if I've rambled on .
Hi @Adamuk1001 - please go back to your consultant and be extremely blunt. There is no reason for the consultant not to provide Kwikpens containing u500 Humulin to fill a pump, given that it provides you with the insulin you need to maintain levels, and that's the only way to get it. It sounds as though he is being unimaginative and small minded.

If you're being blunt, you might want to ask him to justify withholding insulin from you that keeps you alive and allows you to feel well when it is available. You could also ask him why he considers that it's okay to try and kill you slowly simply because he doesn't like the packaging. Many people use pens to fill pump cartridges.

In terms of extra strength insulin, there is also Humalog 200 as well.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I've been flatlining for a couple of weeks now. Don't understand what is going on, even thought my libre was on the blink but finger pricks confirm it. I cycled up a mountain around 2 weeks ago , had an horrendous spike, blew up , threw up and had a bad dizzy spell. Ever since my BS has been amazing.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12.4! As lots of alcohol involved, left it and it sorted itself out.

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 would you not take a small correction dose for that say 50% of the usual correction dose or just leave it to naturally drop?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
16-17 about two hours after lunch - my novo-sluggish was indeed being sluggish (3 hours later is it still going down slowly)