1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What Is Your Highest Blood Sugar Peak Today

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by static192, Aug 23, 2018.

1. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No never take a correction dose when alcohol is involved. Too dangerous. Even with highs like that my HBA1C is 49 so not bad. My control in the main is bang on and I don’t worry about highs. You end up correcting, then eating, then correcting which is worse than just letting it come down naturally in my opinion.

2. JoBodensee

JoBodensee Type 1 · Member

223 today 2 hours after bolussing 5 units for early dinner plus 1 correction unit. Yikes. These are the moments when I remember why I don't normally eat carbs. Goodbye - Italy hello keto!

3. Circuspony

Circuspony Type 1 · Well-Known Member

14.9 this morning, but my coffee from the local shop was much sweeter than usual so I think they gave me the wrong one.

Hit 17 last night and I have no idea why.

4. maria030660

maria030660 · Well-Known Member

13,8 unfortunately but it is a challenging time for me personally so stress involved but usually i have good readings. Still i am glad they dont go beyond 15 mmol so kind of happy;)

5. O_DP_T1

O_DP_T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday bit of a nightmare 2.5hrs after eating 6.1 and stable this is normal for that meal so awesome, scanned around 3 hours after the meal and it was 10.1 so did a finger print and it was actually 10.3, anyway too 2u correction dose as it was about 11pm and that would sort it. Went to bed at 12am and it's 13.3 and sky rocketing up on the Libre, anyway because I've already taken the correction dose I prayed it would work. Did it NO it was 10.1 when I woke up. FFS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ConnorFowles1

ConnorFowles1 Type 1 · Member

I was 17.9 before bed 2 nights ago. I hate being that high to as it makes me very moody...

7. O_DP_T1

O_DP_T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

12.1 now these are NOT numbers I'm used to. Anyway there's about 2 onboard i think I'll go gym

• Like Like x 1
  8. ConnorFowles1

ConnorFowles1 Type 1 · Member

Just done mine... over the moon with 5.1, just wish it would stay like that haha!

9. Blue_Star

Blue_Star Type 1 · Member

My highest I've seen till now was 18.1 first thing in the morning. I've had ever had anything like that ever before but in the last 6 months it's been getting worse even with diet n exercise plus no snacks or high carb meals
    Yesterday had a 7.7 and today it is 8.0 (all fasting readings)

10. Brendon.Dean

Brendon.Dean Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb is that more insulin only makes the problem of being insulin resistant worse.

When you are insulin resistant what happens in your body is the fat cells have no more room to store any of the energy so the remaining energy is pushed into your blood stream raising blood sugars with no way to be stored.

Ideally ways people reduce insulin needs is through nutrition, exercise and timing these two things correctly.

I highly recommend looking up Dr. Ted Naimen and Dr Jason Fung.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook