Type 1 Cold And Numb Feet

Pj1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was diagnosed about 2 months ago im only 22 i have noticed my feet keep gettimg cold and going quite numb like when ou fall asleep on your arm my sugars are also well controlled between 4 and 7mmols most of the timeis this normal?

K

Knikki

If I were you I would contact either my doctor or DSN, that does not sound right and talk to them about what your feeling.

T1D can have circulatory issues which could lead to cold feet and hands, however it usually to those of us long term diabetics and it is always recommended to seek medical advice.

Hope you get it sorted.

Pj1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I were you I would contact either my doctor or DSN, that does not sound right and talk to them about what your feeling.

T1D can have circulatory issues which could lead to cold feet and hands, however it usually to those of us long term diabetics and it is always recommended to seek medical advice.

Hope you get it sorted.
Thank you i will do :)

Reactions: Knikki

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Hi,

I have stone cold feet often especially in winter and often also in summer. It was checked out and it turned out to be Raynaud's phenomenon. Loads of people suffer from it. You should check whether your feet when they are cold are white and then go red. All i can do is making sure i keep my feet warm. For winter i am condemned wearing Uggs (uggh) and have a feet warmer. It could also mean you have neuropathy of the feet. But its important to tell your consultant so it can be checked out for you.

Pj1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have stone cold feet often especially in winter and often also in summer. It was checked out and it turned out to be Raynaud's phenomenon. Loads of people suffer from it. You should check whether your feet when they are cold are white and then go red. All i can do is making sure i keep my feet warm. For winter i am condemned wearing Uggs (uggh) and have a feet warmer. It could also mean you have neuropathy of the feet. But its important to tell your consultant so it can be checked out for you.
Thanks for your reply i will be definatly getting it checked out